Being investigated for having Vipers, Lambos, Porsches and Ferraris...LOL!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I live in a middle class subdivision which has three phases and houses out here go for $200K to $320K range. I am in the upper bracket. I have land and space which I wanted and it's my first house. I don't live in anything too fancy yet...but working my way there.

Well I was talking to a friend of mine the otherday who knows police officer in my hood. This police officer told my friend who is a detective that I am being carefully watched at my home. They are suspecting something illegal going on due to my neighbor who has a big mouth and starts gossip with everyone on my block. I have come up many times in neighborhood parties conversation because of the cars I have or come to my house...Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Vipers...etc..Obviously when these conversations happen I am no where to be seen. They always ask what I do for a living....This neighbor of mine doens't like me too much because she thinks I talk smack with others??? She's the one that talks and gets into other people's business...but anyways...this kind of ****** me off because I don't need cops thinking I am doing illegal stuff at my house because this a-hole neighbor of mine can't mind her own business...She had made comments like..."what is a car like this doing in our neighborhood?" "I don't understand why someone would buy a car like that!"...."Why are his cars so loud"

I called her up and more or less told her I don't appreciate her talking about me to others and for it to stop. She acted like she was my friend and she would stick up for me when she heard rumors going around. I felt like telling to stick it up her yahooo instead!

You guys experience any of this??? Maybe it's just me....geesh!

I bet you guys all live in more classy places then I do! LOL! I don't care...I just want a big nice garage...that's all I care about.

I tell you what we should do...everyone in Louisville come over with their exotics for a cook out and beers....that should get the old hag busting out.

Oh, by the way I have a home based internet business and I think what also contributes to them talking about me is that I am always home...if I get stressed...I go outside and mow the lawn...LOL! They wonder why I never go to work. :D I guess it's humorous to a certain extent.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Being investigated for having Vipers, Lambos, Porsches and Ferraris...L

people will always be people.

people are usually jealous
people talk too much
people ****

EastTnMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So, Ab...When is that next shipment due in??? :D Seriously,I know what you mean. I have had people ask me that to my face. People can be so StRaNgE...(Just let me know when to come over to pick up that shipment)... :nana:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

tell them the truth - you sell ignition wires for cars! LMAO

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

tell them the truth - you sell ignition wires for cars! LMAO

LOL!...Then they would definetely investigate me...LOL! I am not that big yet..maybe I should come out with a set that looks like white powdered texture wires...LOL!

Easttnman...you need some wires? www.qualitywires.com

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i get the "what do you do?" all the time too.

"computer stuff" is my answer

as for the detectives, they cant even convict real criminals. they have no chance against you.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was asked this a couple days ago:

him: What do you do? Computers?
me: No, I work at a RV dealership
him: oh, you must sell drugs on the side

:confused:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

me: No, I work at a RV dealership
him: oh, you must sell drugs on the side

:confused:

LMAO

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmmmm..... after reading this maybe I need to change my answer when people ask what I do-"I handle drug money-why?"

Bill
(I work in the accounting dept of a pharmaceutical distributor)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Y'know Adam. I never did get that "package" you said you were going to send. Suspicious indeed.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab, don't worry about it. It happens to lots of us! :2tu:

Now I think we all agree that you should go in front of this Neighbors house and do a massive burnout in your Lambo!! :2tu:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I live in one of the more expensive homes in my area. This along with the 2 vipers, corvette, classic muscle cars...etc

People often ask what i do for a living. When I tell them I sell vacuum cleaners they never believe me. ( I honestly do sell vacuums) I find it amusing.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I live in one of the more expensive homes in my area. This along with the 2 vipers, corvette, classic muscle cars...etc

People often ask what i do for a living. When I tell them I sell vacuum cleaners they never believe me. ( I honestly do sell vacuums) I find it amusing.

That's classic :)

I'm in a similar situation just because of my age. Nice house, 4 cars, family, ect... I dont give a [******] since i know i worked my ass off. :laugh:

Jealous ******** :headbang:

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jealousy.... I work from home also, always have something interesting around and I get the same reaction from some of my neighbors.

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got my Viper and a new 2006 Ram 2500 with the cummins within 2 days of each other. I told others that my neighbors must think I am a drug dealer, and I have seen the sherrif's car drive up and down my street a little more often than they used too in the first 2 weeks...slowing down a little when they pass my house! I just wave and smile:)

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JUST FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET!!!!!

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well if you are REALLY being watched , I'm sure they will get wind of all your activities including this thread and other forums, traveling adventures, meetings ect. and they will of course in do time find your occupation. If you have done nothing wrong , don't sweat it. Thou your neighbor may seem over vigilent , remember that can be a blessing in the fact that someone is looking out for your hood while your working or gone. Be yourself. I have some custom cars and Yes the whole hood knows about it, you can't hide nice cars if your going to enjoy them.
:usa:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I had a similar problem in Florida a few years back. I was taking a long vacation (appx 2 yrs) and enrolled in MMI (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) so I could learn how to work on my bikes. Lived in an exclusive area and had 15 Harleys (knuckles & pans) in my garage that were all mine. I did not work and the rumors were rampant. Eventually the police showed up on my doorstep saying there was a complaint that I was running a motorcycle business out of my house. Once I showed the titles to the bikes that I was the owner, the officers just said, "Have a nice day".
People are a trip.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What you need to do is power your nose with some powered sugar, and then go to your neighbors, and give them a piece of your mind about all the gossip they are spreading, and let them know that it's not true. Then ask them if they would like some.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Goes with the territory Adam. People ask me all of the time what I do for a living and I must look young or something because when I tell them I own 2 businesses they don't believe me. Not to get into to much detail but I even had somebody come to my house and ***** me out because of the amount of money I have spent on my car, questioned whether or not I even owned a business, let alone 2 and didn't believe I owned a classic Shelby when in fact, I own 2. Guess this person was pissed because he didn't know me as well he thought he did.
I am with Wayne on this one, just flush it down the toilet!
You must be registered for see images attach

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys need to have a local cop friend, ask him to stop by your house and pick you up, have some of the yellow police tape around the perimeter of your property, then I bet the neighbors won't bug you anymore.

Right after I moved in we had a minor break-in, cops came to our place a couple times to investigate. Last time it was 2 cop cars, the female officer wanted to see my Viper that they tried to steal. Who knows what the neighbors thought of us new folks moving in. Most cops are pretty cool if you chose to get along with them, just like anyone else really, and there are jerks too.. Heck, the other month in Michigan, we stopped in for apit stop after work, turns out to be a local cop bar, just outside of Detroit. Kind of funny, it was an off duty county sherrif we just had a couple beers with at the bar. Looks like I owe him a ride in the Viper.

Next time that cop drives by your house, wave him over for a chat, he probably just likes your toys.

A week before we moved from Windsor the other month, a neighborhood cop was at our corner store / gas station. He saw 2 punks dealing at a car. He walked up to them, the teenager whipped out a gun and shot him point blank in the neck. Ironically the kid who shot him was a son of his old high school football friend. This cop lived a few doors down from us. It was a bit sad to see his wife with 2 kids without a dad or husband. In the end he was just watching over our neighborhood, and he was just going off duty. He never gave me a hard time about my cars, especially the really loud 572 Hemi. Before I left, I gave her a couple hundred bucks in grocery store gift certificates.. situations like that tend to affect your generalized judgment. We lived in that neighborhood trouble free for 16 years, he was there for 14.

Link to story...

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Next time that cop drives by your house, wave him over for a chat, he probably just likes your toys.

totaly agree with this. wave him over & talk about cars.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Take that lady for a ride- She is dying for some interaction.....After that, she'll be a friend.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh, I couldn't really make any suggestions, you should have seen her partner, I swear he was almost 7 ft tall, one big dude, he laughed when I said go ahead feel free to sit in it. He had to duck down to walk into my garage, which is a 6 1/2 ft door. She was worried about scratching the leather with all their gear on. I pointed to my speedometer, Canadian ones go up to 360 km/h, they laughed, and said how fast have you gone, I was like.. ummm.. only 100 km/h.. :D

If I see her in a cruiser, maybe I'll click off a 118 km/h in a 100 km/h zone, just enough so that I don't lose any points.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Call for a costume party for all exotic car owners in the area... the theme would be criminals, thugs, mafia, yakuza, hookers, etc, etc, etc. :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Call for a costume party for all exotic car owners in the area... the theme would be criminals, thugs, mafia, yakuza, hookers, etc, etc, etc. :D

Best idea ever!!!!!

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hijack in progress. :laugh:

What is the best Vacuum cleaner to buy? Are the Kirbys, Rainbows and such overrated?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neighbors are a mixed blessing. I have a neighbor like you in a similiar situation. All kinds of crazy rumors and this person is a good friend of mine. Hard worker, earned what he has, etc. Jealousy. If it's not the size of his house, it's his stone-castle mailbox, or the cars, or the addition he built and they'll go so far as to say he's responsible for raising their property taxes. Then it was the Viper. These people actually said he should move out of the neighborhood because he's single and has no children...YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP! Well, I went out and a got a Viper too. Now I'm the anti-christ in the neighborhood. It's as if I betrayed the nay-sayers. I love it...nothing makes me smile (besides my loving family) as much as watching the excitement I see from the kids at the bus-stop in the morning and pissed expressions I get from their parents on my way to work in the Viper each morning. They'll love me more once I upgrade the exhaust to a B&B 3" and muffler-delete. :2tu:

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Being in my mid 20's with 7 cars, all in the range of $50+ you can imagine what #$&! i get., and no thats not family money i own two bussinesses and am completly self made.