Belanger Headers and Exhaust Install Completed

ScottB7133

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finished installation of my Belanger Headers, High flow Cats and complete Belanger 3" catback exhaust on my 2001 GTS. I also installed a pair of Inconel steel Heat Shields around the headers and a set of Magnecor KV85 Competition Spark Plug Wires. Started the car up today and it sounds great. Installed the stock O2 sensors in the bungs provided and the whole system fit very well with no modifications at all. No check engine light.

You must be registered for see images

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, This mod is next on the list and I would like to install it myself.Was the pipe, from the headers to the cats, pre bent and ready to install? If so where did you purchase the system? How long did it take? Rick

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How happy are you right now!!? :D

New sound, new power!! :2tu:

Now take those heat shields off! :p

Actually I have a set of those heat shields and they are some great quality.

Thanks for the pics.

Looks great and I bet it sounds even better

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They look like they are great quality! And they do a great job of covering up those BEAUTIFUL headers! :p :p

OP
OP
S

ScottB7133

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mr Hemi Head, yes the turn out pipe you see leading to the CATs was made by Belanger and comes with the Header install kit. I ordered the whole system from Jon B at Partsrack.com. He provides good prices and service. Belanger is also good as you are doing the install for questions. It took me about two full days, but I was taking my time and being careful. Also, detailing the engine compartment as I went along and had things taken apart. You can do it yourself fairly easily if you have some kind of lift. The only thing I had to modify was the connector pipes from the CAT's to the first Catback exhaust pipe. It was about 2 inches too long so I cut it down. Belanger sent me a pipe made for a shorter set of CATs by mistake. No big deal. Everything else during the install went real well.

Scott

OP
OP
S

ScottB7133

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like your stealing something from the Honda kids. Is that a coffee can in place of the cat?

Actually, I have to admit it does look like a coffee can, but it's actually a stainless steel heat shield that surrounds the high flow CATs

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They look like they are great quality! And they do a great job of covering up those BEAUTIFUL headers! :p :p

True however it worked VERY well for me since I had my headers extreme jet hot coated (which makes them black) lol

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of tips did you use. My stock Belanger tips were butt ugly. So I changed them out but I still and not happy with them. I would like to get a set that looks like the Corsa.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job on the install. Mighty purdy. Pardon my ignorance, but what is that lift apparatus your car is on? Also, looking at the top photo, is your valve cover warped??? The header flange right below it looks straight compared to the cover.
Enjoy the music!

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job, see they in't as tough as people think. How long did the whole thing take you? :headbang:

OP
OP
S

ScottB7133

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great job on the install. Mighty purdy. Pardon my ignorance, but what is that lift apparatus your car is on? Also, looking at the top photo, is your valve cover warped??? The header flange right below it looks straight compared to the cover.
Enjoy the music!

Thanks. I Think it came out looking real nice too. Valve cover isn't warped, camera makes it loos like that. Lift is a KwikLift.

Scott

OP
OP
S

ScottB7133

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What kind of tips did you use. My stock Belanger tips were butt ugly. So I changed them out but I still and not happy with them. I would like to get a set that looks like the Corsa.

Those are the stock tips that came with the Belanger Cat Back.

OP
OP
S

ScottB7133

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Those are the stock tips that came with the Belanger Cat Back.

OP
OP
S

ScottB7133

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice job, see they in't as tough as people think. How long did the whole thing take you? :headbang:

About two full days. I could have done it quicker, but I spent some time detailing inside of the engine and just taking my time.

iowaviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't mind, How much for the whole cost? Headers and pipes all the way back. Is it really loud, and how much more hp? And I might add, It looks GREAT.
Thanks wayne kielkopf Viper owner, 2000 red RT/10

OP
OP
S

ScottB7133

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't mind, How much for the whole cost? Headers and pipes all the way back. Is it really loud, and how much more hp? And I might add, It looks GREAT.
Thanks wayne kielkopf Viper owner, 2000 red RT/10

You are looking at around $3,300.00 or so. I wouldn't say it's really loud, but it is certainly not for those who don't want to be heard coming down the road. Sitting inside the car it sounds about as loud as when I just had my Borla Catback on the car. Outside of the car I can definitely hear that it is louder than just the Borla Catback, but not out of control. It makes the viper sound like it should in my opinion. As far as HP/Torque increases. Who knows. I should see an improvement in the mid to upper RPM ranges in both Torque and HP, but only the Dyno will tell.

Scott

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice job. Are you going to do the same on the 'vette? :D

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's really loud, but it is certainly not for those who don't want to be heard coming down the road.
You must have a really high tolerance for loud cars. I have a whole Belanger set up but with the stock cat modded to have 3" in and 3" out and an extra muffler in each sill. Mine HAS to be at least a little quieter than yours and I think mine is stupid embarrassing loud.

OP
OP
S

ScottB7133

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's really loud, but it is certainly not for those who don't want to be heard coming down the road.
You must have a really high tolerance for loud cars. I have a whole Belanger set up but with the stock cat modded to have 3" in and 3" out and an extra muffler in each sill. Mine HAS to be at least a little quieter than yours and I think mine is stupid embarrassing loud.

Yes, I agree it's not for the timid. I think it's just the way a Viper Should Sound. If you use the car for daily use I wouldn't put headers on it to begin with. But If you use the car for fun and want to let the engine breath and put a foundation in for future mods I say " Go for It"

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine