Belanger/HF cats/Corsa 3" Dyno #'s

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belanger/HF cats/Corsa 3\" Dyno #\'s

I got my 2001 RT/10 "Creampuff" dynoed today at Apex Motorsports, after they installed the Belanger headers, and the Apex High-Flow cats, and the Corsa 3" catback exhaust. They told me to drive for a week to get the computer readjusted to the new setup. Well, stock with K&N's, and Smooth tubes, the car dynoed at 403.9 rwhp,which is approx. 475 flywheel hp, and 429 for torque. Now it dynos at 430 rwhp, which is approx. 508 flywheel hp, and 465 torque. I guess that is why they call it the "Lethal 500" package. The sound is the best part. I hope these numbers help all of you decide if it is worth it. Dennis Kimball

Reaction score
Re: Belanger/HF cats/Corsa 3\" Dyno #\'s

Dennis, you better add "APEX Lethal 500" to your signature!
Creampuff? What creampuff?! Glad you're liking it so much. I agree about the sound of our combination--it's the best out there! Uh oh--I smell Lethal 600...or 650...or...
See you soon!

Bill, Wayne, and the rest of the crew at APEX Motorsports.

BlueCrotalus

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT size="4">Text</FONT s>
I also recently made the same additions to my 2001 Sapphire RT/10 and have been thrilled with the results. I also love the look at the back of the car. Very well finished.
By the way, I have the Connolly leather. Apparently there were 120 made.

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Connoly Leather???,

I thought they reserved that just for people in Florida... ;-) Just kidding, we have some fellow Viper friends out here with the same exact car as ours, but they have the Connoly leather. By the way, it was so cool , watching my car do probably 160 mph on the dyno today. It was so loud with the Belanger/HF cat/Corsa inside the building doing 5500 rpm in 4th gear. It sounded like a freight train was passing through.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yes yes I too have the sapphire 01 RT/10 with the connelly leather. I am planning to add a corsa 3" and add silver stripes down the center, like the ACR that was just raffled off. I was thinking about a set of BBS LM's or HRE 540's, but i like the stock wheels well enough

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope you mean 565 torque and not 465? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a stock viper have 490 torque?

I don't know what formula you are using, but the one that I received form a CAAP employee to calculate flywheel horsepower puts your 403.9 stock RWHP number at 450.34hp at the flywheel and the modified 430hp would be 479.45 HP at the flywheel.

Anyway, I bet that the sound is great! I'm going to make some of the same mods.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DENNIS KIMBALL:
I got my 2001 RT/10 "Creampuff" dynoed today at Apex Motorsports, after they installed the Belanger headers, and the Apex High-Flow cats, and the Corsa 3" catback exhaust. They told me to drive for a week to get the computer readjusted to the new setup. Well, stock with K&N's, and Smooth tubes, the car dynoed at 403.9 rwhp,which is approx. 475 flywheel hp, and 429 for torque. Now it dynos at 430 rwhp, which is approx. 508 flywheel hp, and 465 torque. I guess that is why they call it the "Lethal 500" package. The sound is the best part. I hope these numbers help all of you decide if it is worth it. Dennis Kimball
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cody,

Don't be such a spoil sport. My conversion factor is higher than everybody else, because of the "Zaino Factor" I have 37 coats of Z2, if you zoom in on my Avatar, you will see.
This allows me a special conversion factor that is higher than everybody else. Wayne's car which has the "Lethal 650" , has a torque reading of 579. So I believe the numbers I gave you are correct. Dennis Kimball "Mr.Anal Zaino"

Reaction score

Cody, the conversion factor that's commonly used is 15%. Therefore, to convert rear-wheel dyno numbers to flywheel numbers, divide the rear-wheel numbers by .85. (Don't multiply by 1.15!)
So, Dennis' numbers are as follows:

Before APEX Lethal 500:
404hp & 429ft/lb. rear wheel = 475hp & 505ft/lb. flywheel

After APEX Lethal 500:
430hp & 465ft/lb. rear wheel = 505hp & 547ft/lb. flywheel

So, this equates to an increase of 30hp and 42ft/lb., which is excellent considering that the car will pass smog with flying colors!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a '96 GTS with 6K miles on it. I installed the Belanger headers and BTR 3 inch cat back no cats and HMS carbon fiber airbox. She pulled 452rwhp and 512rwt so that equals to 522.1hp and 588.8 torque at the flywheel. Not bad for a stock car with exhaust. I would tell any Viper owner that Tom from BTR knows his performance! Love the sound, Kenric

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill,

You just stole my thunder. I just got off the phone with Wayne, and he reminded me that my numbers were from rear wheel, and needed to be converted to the flywheel. All I know is, that looking at the readouts, I want to be at around 4,000 RPM when that Vette or Ferrari pulls up next to me on the freeway. That is where the most torque is. If you want a jump on them go to third and wait for him/her to make their move. Only now, I can not be so stealthy as a stock Viper, because my car at that rpm will be letting everybody around me know somethin' is goin' to happen. ;-) Dennis Kimball

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A "Stealthy stock viper"

Good one!
laugh.gif