Best ABS and Race Brake Upgrade?

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any opinions here?

Mostly interested in ABS retro fit.

I'm assuming ABS will allow you to stand on the brakes at 180-200 mph and let the servos do the work.

(I had an 88 Tbird Turbo Coupe and you could mash the brakes at 120 mph and the car would stop like it had a tail hook.

This was great, you could blow into a turnoff at a high rate of speed, slow down dramatically at the last minute and make the turn w/o one bit of tire squeal - and no one knew you ever did it!!!

I did this on a number of occasions driving to Pratt & Whitney on the Bee Line Highway just across from Moroso.....

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been working on an ABS retro fit that uses 01' parts on GenII cars. It's not done yet. The only other alternative I'm aware of is Archer's ABS package. It's $7,500 and they need the car to do the work. It works great.

I have a Big Brake upgrade for the cars that works with ABS. You can go up to 13.75" x 1.38" rotors with 6 Piston Calipers in front and use 4 piston calipers in the rear. They'll fit beneath factory wheels and you also keep your parking brake.

Stoptech is rumored to have a new 4 wheel package that's pretty good. I think it's 14" rotors in the front which means 18" wheels and I'm not sure about the parking brake thing. You'll have to check em' out.

Regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi