Best clutch brand?

805Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all thanks in advance for your help! I have a 1996 rt10 that needs a new clutch. Was wondering which I should go with original luk, spec, south bend or mcleod? Going to go with a lightweight flywheel while I’m in there. I won’t be racing it at the track but I do enjoy some spirited driving when I have it out driveability and durability are most important. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

snakeskin95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
contact toddy at Bad Boyz in sacramento ca…. he is the clutch king… i’ve had his clutches in my last 2 vipers, ez install n work perfect- got 1 of his dual disc units installed now-

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced my Gen3 one with a LUK from RockAuto a few years back, 60k spirited driving miles later still going strong.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
For a stock application it's typically hard to beat the stock parts for value. I put an LUK back in my gen 3 when I changed mine a few years back and have been happy enough. I've since bumped up my power level a bit more with a cam, but it seems to hold it fine. If you're going crazy with force induction or maybe heads and a cam that would put power levels significantly higher than original I'd probably be more inclined to go the aftermarket route though.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a McLeod, I have an RXT from my car that needs the discs recovered (McLeod charges $360 for the service). Did not know my car had it until I went to pick up the car & used parts from the shop after they changed the clutch. Open to offers.