Best Dope?

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha! :nana: I'm talking differential fluid folks. I need to change the trany fluid and differential fluids out as I just picked up the 98 RT with 10,000 miles on it, I can tell the previous owner babied the car but didn't get into it that much.

I hear Amsoil makes great products so??? Also looking to change out the trany fluid so best recommended fluid for that would be a big help too!

Can I get someone to answer up on quantities and gaskets needed and special tricks would be appreciated as well. Thanks again guys, your advice is really helping me to get to know the car inside and out!

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do a search Dan. I have heard of some bad results when using oil other than the mopar in the tranny. I have Redline Oil sitting on my shelf for my diff and tranny and haven't used it yet. I haven't done the research yet either, so let us know what you find out.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it may be time to ask Chuck the TATOR what he recommends!
Just called Chuck and sure enough he was able to solve everything in a matter of minutes. What an asset! THANK YOU CHUCK! :2tu:

Here’s the skinny!

Brake fluid DOT 4 Part # 4549625AC 12 oz bottle x 3 list price $5.25 used for clutch slave cylinder as well.

Power steering fluid PART # 4883077 @ 1 quart list price $5.00

Differential Fluid 75W140 Part # 4874469 2 quarts $20.00 list price ea.
Posi Friction Modifier 4oz Part # 4318060AB

Transmission fluid Castrol Syntorqe part # 4874459 @ 4 quarts list price $15.30 ea.

Note depending on your trany Dextron 2 may be the fluid for you. Check year and tag on your trany housing!

Just called the local dealer with my loaded gun and told them I know the list prices (thanks Chuck) they said they will sell it for that price.

P.S. Would have bought it from Chuck but he can't ship HAZMAT!