Best High Flow Cats?

mazzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could anyone please tell me what are the best high flow cats. out there for a 00 gts with headers and no cat back exhaust. The resonace on the exhaust without the cats. , is terrible. I am looking to install high flow cats to quiet the exhaust and diminsh resonance noise! I heard racing solutions is good , any other suggestions with pricing would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, George

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Random Tech - Either ones. Much better than the ROEs. I've used them both and the fit as well as the sound are superior with the RT's.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
joe, i have heard that before but cant imagine the sound being better than what i have now. you sure its not that S/C that sounds better ...lol

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had Vipers with both Roe ovals and RT high flows. I thought the Roes sounded better and had less drone when going through a Corsa 2 1/2. My side sills yellowed with the Roes, but that may have happened before the original Cats were replaced by the previous owner. Just looking at the shape of the ovals, I was worried that they were too close to the side sills in certain spots, so I went with the RTs.

DrDJ

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is all about the combinations... Corsa vs. Borla... ROE vs. RT... there are practically an infinate # of combos. I like the RT through RT exhause and RT through Borla exhaust. I also don't care much for the corsas at all (personal preference, and WAY too loud w/o cats).

I suspect that the X pipe makes your sound nicer than a non-X-pipe as well...

details.

and personal preference...

RT's are 3" in and out, BTW.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the RT cats going into a 3 inch Corsa. VERY nice sound. I also have belenger headers and constandtly get compliments on the sound. All a matter of personal choice... Go to a VCA meeting and listen to the local cars...

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have RT cats going through RT catback. Sound and quality is really great.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,

The high flows are on. Good news/bad news.

The good news is that the side sills are cool as could be. Not even warm to the touch.

The not so good news is that the Corsa exhaust is waaay louder now. It is close to as loud as my Borla setup with the stock cats.

2000 RPM is now very loud and under 1500 RPM a bit louder. I am not sure if I'll keep them on or put the stock cats back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang