Best place/price to get Pilot Sports (NO JON B !! grrrrrrrrr)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

Where is the best place to get some pilot sports 18 335 rears? I think Jon B is a pos, so dont refer me to him. Who else offers tires at a discount (not that Jon really does, he just charges $5 less then tire-rack, which I will just buy from them directly).

Let me know. I think its going to be Tire Rack.

Jon

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I've always thought the relationship between Jon B, the Viper community, and Tirerack is interesting. I've been a long time customer of Tirerack and have done business with them long before I ever owned a Viper. I don't see any value-add in working with Jon on this tire purchase - so how can Jon sell them for less than doing business with Tirerack direct? Why can't Tirerack pass along the $5 savings AND whatever commission they pay Jon to the VCA members?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon gets a deal from tire rack, and other suppliers because he does lots of volume, and is willing to share his expertise on tire selections. He will spend time on the phone with customers, and his communications with tire rack is short and efficient. When Jon contacts tirerack, he is not "shopping around" but placing signifiant orders. Think it is a win win situation.

The fact that you can save $20 on tireracks already great prices is a bonus. The no tax thing is also a good reason to buy.

I understand that Jon's people skills are sometimes brusk, but he is a great sourse for Viper needs.

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased 2 new rear Pilot Sports for my Viper. I went to my local tire guy and got a price which was about equal to Tire Rack's, when you factor in that there are no shipping charges and no charge to mount & balance. Additionally, I can have them balanced free every 6,000 miles if I choose.

The bottom line was that I paid about $13 more for 2 tires than I would have paid at TireRack

With everything else being close to equal, I prefer to put my money into the local economy.

Don

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

Where is the best place to get some pilot sports 18 335 rears? I think Jon B is a pos, so dont refer me to him. Who else offers tires at a discount (not that Jon really does, he just charges $5 less then tire-rack, which I will just buy from them directly).

Let me know. I think its going to be Tire Rack.

Jon

J/W what makes you say that about Jon B?

I have had great dealing with Jon thats why im asking.

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can ask for referrals without calling one of our vendors ( who has done business successfully with most, not all, of the Viper community since long before you even registered on this board) a "pos". Grow up dude.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the above posts:

I too prefer to support my local economy.

I see tremendous value in Jon B. and his knowledge and expertise to the Viper community. I am a customer of his.

I have had several excellent experiences with Tire Rack. First class operation.

Hey!!! I'm spending too much money here. I need to cut back. :crazy: :D

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can ask for referrals without calling one of our vendors ( who has done business successfully with most, not all, of the Viper community since long before you even registered on this board) a "pos". Grow up dude.

Do me a favor, and go piss off.

I have first hand experiences with Jon B, and its my opinion and I have EVERY right to it. So thanks for the advice on tires.. oh yeah, you didnt give any.. piss off..

Jon

JRB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remember your mama teaching you to speak only good of people or keep your yap shut? Your comments make it obvious which one of you is the pos.

Jim

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember your mama teaching you to speak only good of people or keep your yap shut? Your comments make it obvious which one of you is the pos.

Jim

OK, no more post from newbies unless its questions about how to apply Zaino correctly!

:D

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Jim

OK, no more post from newbies unless its questions about how to apply Zaino correctly!

LOL!...newbies...pubies... :D

:D

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get over it guys. Jon is a good source of information and quality products regardless of his attitude. Besides, if you are really nice, he may let you use "Dodge Dollars" towards the purchase of his products (which is why my next set of tires will cost zero, nothing, zip). Try getting that from Tire Rack.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B is not a good source of information.He is a great source of information.I want to keep him in business and attempt to purchase anything I might use through him.$10-$20 bucks isn't even tip money.Its chump change.Accurate and honest information is priceless. GTS Bruce

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think Jon B is GREAT and he has always done right by me, also I dont get why people say he has an attitude hes never given me any but in any case I dont think we should get on Jon (as in the poster of this thread Jon) for what he thinks of him everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never seen anybody that thinks jonb is just an Ok guy. You either love him or you hate him.

Whatever, I had a bad experince with him, then he bent over backwards to make it right, which he did.

Anyway, 2002 ACR, I sent you a PM on the tires.

diabolos88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon is all about the Benjamins.
In January of 2004 I purchased over 7K on parts for my 2000 ACR and 2002 GTS. Then 1 week later I purchased another 6K on parts for both cars again. When parts began arriving, there were a few that were missing and never showed up. He insisted they were shipped and that I either had accepted them and forgot about them or misplaced them somewhere! He made no effort to correct this problem and in the end I had to re-order the damn parts again! Albeit from SnakeOyl and not PartsRack. He didn't even offer to fix the situation.
When I was ordering on the phone a week prior, he was putting EVERYONE ELSE on hold or telling them to call back because "I got to take this call"
But when I was spending big cash, I had his time of day and he was Mr Informative/Kiss Ass.
The issue could have been corrected, he could even have made good on just reshipping me the missing stuff on his tab for good PR or simply cuz I dropped over 13k with him. BUT HE FAILED MISERABLY. IMHO, He is nothing more than a greedy old used shoe salesman that once the sale is made couldnt careless about you coming back as a happy content client. I would NEVER buy from this cheapo again. Viper Owners beware.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ah yes.... everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I would go with Discount Tire. They will match Tire Rack or beat them. There's a guy named Alex at the Wake Forest Rd location that helped me out with my Kumhos.. beat tire rack including mounting and balancing.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody can sell you the parts and take your money, it's how they take care of any problems that may occur after the sale that is the test of a company.

GTS Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago I had called Jonb and was on the phone with him but I guess someone who was going to spend more money called and he had to let me go. nuf said

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love him, or hate him.... pretty much sums it up..

I hate him...

I gave him the benefit of the doubt a couple of times, but most recently he took the time to bash me for not buying parts from him, when I ran into a problem with another vendor (which that vendor made right on the situation).

Sorry, its my money, I'll spend it how I want. And I DONT want to give it to Jon B.

BTW, this post was beneficial, because I am getting PM's with folks with new tires for sale.

99 RT/10 thanks for the support !!

Jon

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few years ago I had called Jonb and was on the phone with him but I guess someone who was going to spend more money called and he had to let me go. nuf said

That has also happened to me ... "let me put you on hold for a minute" :rolleyes: . The guy is like a car salesman.... he'll only give you the time of day if he knows you'll buy something from him. It's good that he treats his regulars well but I guess I'll never know.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of us may be taking Jon B a bit too seriously. Once you recognize the context for dealing with Jon B., the whole thing comes into focus!

You must be registered for see images

It's just a little "free theater" to go along with your order!

Seriously, Jon B has done a lot for viper owners and I think it's worth putting up with a little attitude to enjoy his soup! :2tu:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it that everyone has to have everyone else think their supplier/tuner/tech is the best? OBVIOUSLY, JonB has some serious "sales personality" issues. Trying to deny them is ridiculous. It's great that he has many dedicated customers....but it sure is sad that there are many that find him "difficult" to deal with at best.

Good God, deal with it! Heck, he does.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know about that, I mean I have orderd from Jon many times but none were ever what I (or anyone else) would call "big dollar amounts" and he never rushed me off the phone or gave me an attitude whatsoever nor did he put me on hold.

I have made about 8 or so orders from partsrack and all except 1 was over the phone, there was actually 1 time that my card declined and he said "I know you need them I'll send it now and you let me know when to try this card again" he did and about 4 days later I called him and he got his money now THAT was cool of him, hell I wouldent even have done that for someone lol.

GTS Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:STUGOTS
I don't know about that,

Thats right, you don't know

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB is JonB and will always be JonB, but here is a fact about ordering Michelin Pilots, you better know before you buy, and not after like me. I ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Sports from JonB, because I saw on this site, that they might be getting scarce. So I snatched up a set. I did not even notice after I had my car lowered and aligned and balanced etc., that there is a date code on every tire. Well it turns out I am stuck with these now, and I am a little disappointed, because I learned after the fact. When I ordered from JonB 2 tires came from Tirerack direct, and 2 came from JonB direct. I forget which ones were which now, but I think the rears came from JonB. Anyway, the fronts had a date code of Feb 04 and the rears had date codes of June of 99!!! So I just put 6 year old/new tires on my car. So be aware, and demand from tirerack or whatever source you order from that you want "New" tires.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Quote:STUGOTS
I don't know about that,

Thats right, you don't know

no you got me all wrong, I was not disputing weather or not it happend to you all I was saying was I dont know if its common practice for him to do because like I said all the times I order "low dollar" items he never did it to me