Best replacement Radiator

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Caesar!, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Caesar!

Caesar! Viper Owner

I have a 97 GTS and my rad is leaking and probably due to replace it.
    What's the Best replacement rad...direct bolt in to use?
    And it would probably be a good idea to replace to upper/lower rad hoses too.
    Who do I call?

2. TP_ GTS

TP_ GTS Viper Owner

I had mine re-cored. A fellow member recommended a local shop here in Florida. They re-cored mine adding a 3rd row. It was a plug and play when I got it back! No fitment issues with radiator or hoses that you sometimes hear about with the aftermarkets. Costs to re-core is not too far from a new aftermarket one but the fitment, not having to modify, keeping OEM and knowing what you are getting was worth the piece of mind for me. Talk to a reputable local shop and go from there. If you can find a used OEM, you can send that off and have a spare when you take yours out.

3. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member - Great Lakes

As TP_GTS stated, several of our group have had their OEM unit re-cored...and, are quite happy.

4. Gen3CoupeTX

Gen3CoupeTX Enthusiast

A recore never hurts. Running hot, or causing worry while you drive is not much fun. I tend to overdo this area, as I like to not wonder if I have enough. I'm a Ron Davis fan, but have also used competitors depending on the car / availability.My supercharged stroker '06 Coupe stays cool in Houston, TX ... Not the automotive world's easiest cooling venue.

5. Skolnick89

Skolnick89 VCA Member - Northeast

Mine is a 1998 GTS.
    Lower corner of radiator shows green leak but nothing on garage floor. My mechanic recommends a new radiator and wants to install a thicker radiator and as 99+ fan is super expensive he wants to fabricate a fan assemble.

Question is, do I buy aftermarket drop in radiator or larger aftermarket?

Opinions please. I do intend to do some track days