Best Rollbar for a SRT Vert

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys...

Did a search, but would like more info...

I was thinking of the Autoform... Is there a polished version??

Also what's the best price and how hard to install??

Joe

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan to get mine from partsrack, and save SOME MONEY. You can get chrome covers for the stock loops, but I don't imagine they would fit the autoform REAL rollcage.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im buying the autoform rollbar. It's the only one I would trust. I wanted to go the cheap route with only chrome steel hoops, but totally not worth it IMO

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AutoForm on mine....rear visibility is poor, but mine also has the AutoForm wing which blocks what the roll bar doesn't.....it was the prototype for the top/wing/splitters/rollbar and gas cap
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That looks great on the SRT vert! is that a custom surround/behind the seat panel, or was the stock piece modified?

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That looks great on the SRT vert! is that a custom surround/behind the seat panel, or was the stock piece modified?

...I'm not 100 % sure anymore....but, I think they modified a stock one....I still have the stock panel too...this SRT was one of the first 25 or so made at CAAP, and it was shipped to AutoForm in Dec 2002...it was returned in May 2003 fully modified

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Autoform makes them either way: with the high crossbar, or with the low crossbar and new facia or plastic cover that looks like a factory job. Jon B. at Partsrack sells them for less than you would pay to Autoform directly. Take a look at his website. It's a good mod, and I'll do that for my '08. I'll also put in some 5 or 6 point Simpson seat belts. I swerved to miss a flying guillotine and totalled my car at 60 mph by hitting the guard rail on an interstate overpass. Not a good thing. The factory seat belt fractured my sternum, and when my lower tourso was thrown forward, scooting me down on the seat bottom, the car hit in the rear doing 30-40mph and fractured my L2, plus causing one or two protruding discs. All this was caused by a 30 lb tool chest cover some preceding vehicle had deposited on the road. A better seat belt would've kept me from some serious bone fractures, and I was lucky my car didn't roll, as I was on an overpass more than 20 feet high, without any roll bar. The rollbar is a Must, and the seat belts are essential, even though not easy to put on. I'm getting the low autoform from partsrack at a better price.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You can buy an Autoform roll bar with the center bar (the one between the hoops) below the rear surround panel. No visibility issues. I have one in my 04 SRT-10.

Call JonB for pricing.

Install is straightforward but time consuming.

Autoform may now offer a chromed version or you can have it chromed.

Good idea getting a real roll bar in you vert. All of us with verts should have roll bars.

Dan

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have ordered the Autofom as well from Partsrack both for my 06 and for my incoming 08. Here's a pic of the 06:

car_3.jpg

Autoform/Partsrack can do custom finishes/painting on the rollbar. The pic above shows the standard satin finish.

/Rich

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine from Jon and I installed it myself. It was pretty easy but it's nice to have the manual as the instructions are a bit misleading. The support from Autoform was great> I had a few questions and they were all answered by them It is a project that takes about a day to do. The only issue I had was drilling thru the interior bulkhead you really need a drill chuck that is ver small to get close to the edge and drill staight. I had to use my air drill to do this nothing else was snall enough. I was amazed how cheap the stock bars were, almost in shock at the al. tubing covered in plastic foam. but, what can I say. The car is much more ridged and safer I think. I have yet to roll over and test it.......It looks just like Rich's 06 with the bar under.

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey guys...

Did a search, but would like more info...

I was thinking of the Autoform... Is there a polished version??

Also what's the best price and how hard to install??

Joe
I have a chromed Autoforum bar, it looks awesome, more importantly it mounts directly to the frame and provides some roll-over protection.

The install is not too difficult, you will need to remove the seats, cut the floor pan, drill holes, bolt in place, seal the floor pan, trim the rear bulk head and install the new rear panel. It took 3-4 hours to do with the proper tools. It comes with the templates for cutting and drilling.

The new rear panel is a fiber glass panel, that is actually a little lighter then the stock plastic one. I repainted my panel to a high gloss black, it looks great.

The chroming of the bar was almost as expensive as the bar itself, but it looks MUCH better then the paint verison.

Last edited: