Best Trailer?

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Advice on trailers? Considering closed or open but don't know which brands are better quality and price points. What options are recommended for Viper hauling? I am thinking of a trailer of approx. 20 or so feet. Suggestions? Has to be bumper pull for my Yukon XL.
Thanks!

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,
If you decide on an open trailer,call Dean Sloan,at the Kwik Load factory,800-765-8319.He is located in Sherman,Tx.You can buy direct from him,and more than save enough,and be able to pick it up yourself.I ordered mine on a Monday,and picked it up on Saturday.
Only options you should need would be the wind fairing,and spare tire and wheel.
BTW,I got the 20ft model
Hope this helps.

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Open Trailer = Sloans QuickLoader (Hands Down)
Enclosed Trailer = The Lightest weight you can afford (Pace Trailers are good quality but are heavy. Go aluminum if you have the $$$.)

Regards, Tittle

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,
I have an 18' Sloan here around Houston that you can "test drive" if you like. Prashant has my number.

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 24 ft enclosed Wells Cargo Autowagon. Picked it up at the factory in Waco, TX. For the Viper, you need a ramp door extension since the lip is too steep. I also added a winch that really helps w loading the car by myself. Otherwise, you have to drive up, and crawl out the window. Here is their website: http://www.wellscargo.com/models/auto_fr.html

Call me if you want some more feedback. 214 561 1910

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You and Jeff I can see at a NASCAR race. But Prashant?!? Let me know when you will be around. We could meet at one of the Houston *******. If your in no hurry, I'll be using it to go to the ZR1/Viper race day in San Antonio.

Enjoy the show!
www.kwikload.com

OP
OP
G

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
I'll call you with an ETA in Houston. Earlier the better for us. It is about a 2.5 hr. drive to Houston for me. Let's get together.

Jay, thanks for the input. I have a local Wells dealer. I'll check him out before I buy.

Thanks everyone,
Jason

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Desert Venom 20" enclosed Featherlight is still available, you shouid consider it. Buy hte lightest trailer possible - you would be surprised how quickly the weight adds up. Many small tags will be overloaded based on the GVWR (Gross vehicle weight rating) as soon as you insert the car.... We have a 48' Featherlight and we could not pull it if it was a Pace or conventionally built trailer. No one at the trailer place would tell you that, though..... Call Frank Parise and see if its still for sale.

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 90 Haulmark 26ft, tandom axles, 10,000 lbs, diamond plate flooring, cabinets and work bench, 6.5kW generator, air conditioner, electric tongue jack interior and exterior lighting. $6,500 and I can e-mail photos. Its a little narrow for a Viper but you could build ramps to drive over the fender wells. Many guys do that anyway.

Do any of you know of similar trailer classifieds for the South West or near Los Angeles?

OP
OP
G

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,
How do I get in touch with Frank Parise? Phone number or email?
Details or pics of the Desert Venom 20'?

Thanks,
Jason

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, can't I just goto a NASCAR race...just because I want to?
I have never had so much grief from all my Friends about attending anything in my life. "YOUR GOIN TO WHAT?!!" "YOU"!?

OP
OP
G

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Does Sloan have a website? Steve, I will be coming through to go on friday, I may take you up on that test drive. Prashant and I are going to NASCAR this weekend. We are meeting Jeff Ellison from Austin there. It should be awesome!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On VCA Classifieds....

(10/22/00)
1995 Featherlite Enclosed Trailer. Owned, operated and maintained by Desert Venom Viper Race Team. Titled in Arizona. Double axle, white in color, excellent operating condition. Exterior dimensions are 8'-0" wide by 20'-0" long plus 44" hitch assembly. Interior dimensions are 92-1/2" wide (83" between axles) by 234" long. Viper fits great. Plenty of room for extra set of race tires/wheels, tools, equipment and spare parts required for track events. Includes 2 brand new spare trailer tires mounted on wheels. Gross vehicle weight rating of 7,000 pounds. Priced for immediate sale at $6,495. Contact Frank Parise at 520-290-9002 or E-mail: [email protected]

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason-
Please do not attempt to pull your snake with a bumper hitch! A frame hitch is the only way to go. Bumper hitches are made for golf carts- not expensive sports cars.
my too sense

OP
OP
G

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
I would definitely be pulling with a towing package. When I say bumper pull, it is opposed to gooseneck. Thanks for the warning, though!
You must be registered for see images

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Country Boy trailers outside Atlanta makes an 18' open trailer with a driver's side removable fender for about $1900. It is a full floor trailer. I am going to buy one soon and will report what I did to get my lowered car up its ramps. Their number is 770-887-8508. They said they'll make a tire rack for an additional $175 or so.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude