Best Video Review Yet...IMO

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another very good find. I am seeing a pattern here. They do not give much praise to the GEN3 and 4 cars on several of these videos.

Bruce

08ViperCoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Dick personally and let me tell you, he is one of the nicest (most down to earth) guys you'll ever meet. He has been with Chrysler since the Shelby/Dodge days and his engineering ideas/talents have been kicking everyone else's asses on tracks all across the country ever since. I first met him in 1986 at Sebring when he was chief pit crew tech guy for Team Shelby. Him and Pete G, Max K, etc..

Carroll Shelby, Bob Lutz, John F, and others were all key in creating the Viper and certainly deserve that credit, but Dick was truly the guy who made it happen (from a "nuts and bolts" perspective)...and the best part is that he's still there today waving his SRT flag high and proud. He is an absolute legend in my opinion. Long live SRT and a special thanks to Dick for all he's done for the brand.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another very good find. I am seeing a pattern here. They do not give much praise to the GEN3 and 4 cars on several of these videos.

Bruce

There is NO DOUBT that the Gen I and Gen II served as the spiritual god father and the base design that was evolved into the Gen V. Ralph G fell in love with the Gen I when he first saw it as a new Chrysler employee, according to him. Also, the change in styling from Gen II to Gen III was a very controversial one both within and outside of Chrysler, and on this forum! It seems as though there is group of Gen I, Gen II, and Gen V fans, and then another group who are Gen III, and Gen IV fans. Point of interest: the reverse curve/cove on the side from the Gen I and Gen II is mentioned by Ralph as a iconic Viper design item, maybe THE item, along with the long hood! Sort of a return to the roots. :2tu:

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent about 20 minutes as a passenger in one of the mule cars, with Dick behind the wheel. He truly is a 1st class guy all the way. When I was finished with my questions he spent the remainder of our time together filling in the blanks.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took pains to try not to monopolize Erich during our NorCal holiday party, but with limited success... with a shared primary interest in tracking the car, it was great to talk at length about the fine details of Viper dynamics and driving with an ultimate authority on the subject. And truly a down-to-earth nice guy.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video. Thanks for sharing.
I had 2 transam as a kid and loved them. Happy to hear there is a little Pontiac DNA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang