BFG Drag Radials

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there has been some talk lately about the BFG's on the street. Ever since I finished my SC install last year I knew I couldn't really feel all the power my new super motor was putting to the ground, because the pilots would spin in gears 1 through 4. It was always a challenge to modulate the throttle to get the most out of the car just before the tires spun. The problem was that it was only about 1/3 throttle and they were spinning like I was on ice. I was waiting until the Kumho's came out in 18" but that never happened and I finally purchased the BFG Drag radials. WOW what a difference! Not only to you hear the motor like I always did, but now the car jolts forward so hard. I haven't done any severe corners yet, but they seem to handle fine. The only problem I have now is, I need so much room if I want to open it up because I am immediately up someone's a$$ in seconds. It's like I'm driving a bike again. Anyone that has traction problems should definitely consider this rubber. Granted they will not last long, but they are so much fun! I guess this would be a good time to invest in some half shafts in case somebody wants to line up against this 1000hp beast! It would be a little embarrassing to be sitting on the line of my closed test track with my motor revving and rocketing forward at zero MPH. Who's got the best prices on a set of Unitrax half shafts?

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with that supercharger!

Check with Jason Heffner on the halfshafts. He is a Unitrax distributor.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Marc,

I agree. I just put them on the DLM car and have no traction problems at all.

Had a few races at Captree Sunday morning and the car hooked great.

Do you go down to the beach Sunday mornings ? Would love to line up with you. Have a little fun. Who did your S/C ?

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BFG's have been real good for me so far. I'm glad I bought them. I can use second gear when I shift hard.

-Lou

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven 't been to the beach on Sunday's. What is the scene down there. I'm really not too interested in beating up on my car as I use it as a daily driver. Not to say I don't have a little fun every now and again. I got the system from Jason Heffner and installed it myself.