Bikers. This ever happen to you?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happened to me twice in the last 2 weeks. Rolling down the freeway in the center lane (about 75 mph). Along come a group of guys on Motorcycles. First they pass me on my left, then one guy drops back. He pops a wheelie and and goes blowing bye me. Its like out of respect for the Viper or something. I catch up and they give me the thumbs up and off they go.

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SapphireGTS-
"Just swerve into their lane. They will not act as tough once death brushes by them."

Please do not do this. The kids might grow up and be viper Owners some day. I did.

--------------------

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I do get revs and thumbs up WAY more in the Viper than any other car I've ever driven or been a passenger in. It really is an all American piece of machinery and is so iconic of that...

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just swerve into their lane. They will not act as tough once death brushes by them.

That's pretty bad advice when the guy on the bike is just showing respect.

I hope the Monster Truck Club of America feels the same way about you in your Viper. I guess you're the same type of person that opens their door in stopped traffic when a bike is lanesplitting?

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay... so you swerve into there lane.. what if he swerves so he doesnt get hit, falls, and dies. it is YOUR fault. not somthing i would want on my head...
-dan

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just swerve into their lane. They will not act as tough once death brushes by them.

I certainly hope that you don't mean this at all!

It is very imature to say such things.

Just pray that an 18 wheeler doesn't run you over on purpose while you are sitting in your toy.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seemed to me to be sarcastic humor guys...

I've gotten MANY waves and thumbs up from various bikers. :laugh:

-Dean.

DaPurpleRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's pretty bad advice when the guy on the bike is just showing respect.

I hope the Monster Truck Club of America feels the same way about you in your Viper. I guess you're the same type of person that opens their door in stopped traffic when a bike is lanesplitting?

Bikes can wait in traffic just like everyone else, if they try and get by me becaus ethey think they are bettr than everyone else and should be able to just blow by everyone, they're in for a surprise.......

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bikes can wait in traffic just like everyone else, if they try and get by me becaus ethey think they are bettr than everyone else and should be able to just blow by everyone, they're in for a surprise.......

This is what is wrong with the world. Some guy gets it a little better than you, and you instantly get your @ss in a knot and have to hurt him. A relative of mine had a guy open a car door while he was lanesplitting through stand still traffic at 10mph. Now he no longer walks.

We don't think we're better than you. We're not holding you up by doing it. If you were sitting there on a hot bike, in hot leathers, surrounded by a bunch of impatient cars who could kill you without even knowing it, and there was plenty of room for you to get past, you would do it too.

How the hell do you get that we think we are better than you? You are driving a d#mn viper, and we're on a thing that cost maybe 10k if it's lucky. It's not personal, we're just trying to get where we are going quicker, because the opportunity is sitting there begging. It's one of the very very few perks of riding a bike. And all it takes is some jealous driver like you who is p1ssed that he has to sit in traffic... and you would cause GBH on someone because he is getting there faster?

You make me sick. What is wrong with our society where someone feels he should try to maim or kill someone else because he has one little thing a tiny bit better than you? And that one little thing is a slightly better run in traffic. Come on, how small do you feel?

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I've been a Harley biker for years, although I don't ride anylonger, I would NOT recommend pulling a stunt like this. :( :(

When you finally do come to a stop, you just may realize that you've made the biggest mistake of your life.....and all that Viper HP can't help you from getting your ass handed to 'ya by a few bikers that, unlike the pimple faced kids on ricers.....are not amused by your aggressive driving techniques as they stomp you senseless.....and I would NOT blame them a bit. :usa:

Be safe, don't imitate the actions of other aggressive idiots out there on the road, it really isn't worth the trouble. :D :D

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody making threatening statements about bikes have probably never ridden, or if they have, forgot about what it takes to move about in traffic. If the biker is acting like an asp, leave him alone. He's only seconds from death and doesn't need your help getting there.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a joke.

Its pathetic how tough alot of these kids think they are because they have a motorcycle. Someone that easy to take out should show a little more respect to the road. Especially around here. In a traffic jam I always see bikers driving on the berm on in between lanes.

I was using that statement to exaggerate the fact that some of these kind needs to a good scare, maybe they will acknowledge the safety they take for granted. I'm sure truckers look at fast cars in the same eye. Bikers are an unnecessary danger. Many of my friends have just limbs because they were horsing around.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG... You guys don't have any humor in you at all do you. I read that post as being sarcastic and funny, lighten up and get that *** out of your *******.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG... You guys don't have any humor in you at all do you. I read that post as being sarcastic and funny, lighten up and get that *** out of your *******.
I feel ya.

<humor>
Its harder to get humor in text. Although I honestly hope that no one thinks that I would actually run a biker over. . .

I wouldnt want to scratch m y paint.
</humor>

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could you not take Sapphire's comment as a joke. Jeez, there's some uptight people on here.

We don't think we're better than you. We're not holding you up by doing it. If you were sitting there on a hot bike, in hot leathers, surrounded by a bunch of impatient cars who could kill you without even knowing it, and there was plenty of room for you to get past, you would do it too.

How the hell do you get that we think we are better than you? You are driving a d#mn viper, and we're on a thing that cost maybe 10k if it's lucky. It's not personal, we're just trying to get where we are going quicker, because the opportunity is sitting there begging. It's one of the very very few perks of riding a bike. And all it takes is some jealous driver like you who is p1ssed that he has to sit in traffic... and you would cause GBH on someone because he is getting there faster?
It does miff me a little about how impatient motorcyclists can be with the lane splitting. I understand it's their risk and everything, but they can wait for an opening to help drivers feel more secure around them, help them give some time to their life, and not break the road laws. Most of the cyclists that I see lane splitting are of the performance type going 20 over the speed limit in regular traffic, wearing regular street clothes. Also, I don't drive a "[******]" Viper. I don't think they're better than me, I don't give respect to ignorant people who break laws. So it's beggin you to do it? That's your excuse?!? Do you always take life threatening chances? I had the chance to go about 120-130 in the second drive of a Viper. It wasn't begging because I knew the risks and possible consequences, so I didn't take it. I'm sure there's guys that should be man enough to know how to control themselves. I'm 18 and I can control how I drive. If you can't, don't ride a motorcycle or drive a high performance car. Drive a Subaru Forester.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking a chance with your own life is one thing. Trying to end someone else's is an entirely different matter. You give good arguments why people shouldn't lane split, and I agree with you. There is no argument, however, for trying to hurt them.

Get out there, dressed in the better part of a cow from head to toe, with a 100+hp engine between your legs cooking you. Your face and head are sweating in your helmet. You're breathing hot exhaust fumes. Your arm aches from having to constantly operate the clutch. You are surrounded by angry motorists trying to cut in on each other and get ahead. Your seemingly vacant space in traffic looks pretty good to them. Oh, and if you're real lucky, add in there it's raining and you are soggy from head to toe, but still hot and sweating. You've already almost been killed on average twice this trip from someone suddenly changing lanes without head checking. Now tell me the opportunity to get out of this sooner isn't begging you to take it.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>You are surrounded by angry motorists trying to cut in on each other and get ahead.<<

Yet another reason to be cautious, and not lane split IMO. I'm not sure what your traffic is like in Australia. In Maryland USA, we had a lot of traffic (5th most populated state in US per area), although there were haighways you couldn't bypass and then there were others you could. In Ohio, there isn't much traffic, and there are easier ways to avoid rush hour. More bypassing roads, less stop and go traffic, more polite motorists. Just depends on the area you live in.

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anybody making threatening statements about bikes have probably never ridden, or if they have, forgot about what it takes to move about in traffic. If the biker is acting like an asp, leave him alone. He's only seconds from death and doesn't need your help getting there.

Frank 03SRT...

Thumbs Up Frank,

Well spoken from the 'Land of OZ'....now if we can just get some of these 'youngsters' to realize what 'ya go through out there just to stay alive.....what do you think? :D :usa:

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 18 and I can control how I drive.

Viperzilla,

I'm not sure if 18 is your age or your IQ....
but in either case, it's time to wipe that stuff from under your nose....
:eek: :eek:

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about we just share the road together-bikes,Vipers,everybody!
There is enough room for everyone.
I have no problem with bikes,the ones that fluster me are the cabs!

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Taking a chance with your own life is one thing. Trying to end someone else's is an entirely different matter. You give good arguments why people shouldn't lane split, and I agree with you. There is no argument, however, for trying to hurt them.

Get out there, dressed in the better part of a cow from head to toe, with a 100+hp engine between your legs cooking you. Your face and head are sweating in your helmet. You're breathing hot exhaust fumes. Your arm aches from having to constantly operate the clutch. You are surrounded by angry motorists trying to cut in on each other and get ahead. Your seemingly vacant space in traffic looks pretty good to them. Oh, and if you're real lucky, add in there it's raining and you are soggy from head to toe, but still hot and sweating. You've already almost been killed on average twice this trip from someone suddenly changing lanes without head checking. Now tell me the opportunity to get out of this sooner isn't begging you to take it.

Miles B,

I sincerely hope that if I ever have an occasion to visit the 'Downunder' and takeup riding again, that more people there see things your way....riding would be a whole lot safer. People that don't ride or never have, just don't get it! :usa:

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melzer, what did I ever say to piss you off and cause you to go bashing about my age and IQ. If you're going to say something like that, back it up and give a reason to why you said it. Is it because you can't take a joke and I can and I said something about it, although it wasn't directed straight at you?

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Melzer, what did I ever say to piss you off and cause you to go bashing about my age and IQ. If you're going to say something like that, back it up and give a reason to why you said it. Is it because you can't take a joke and I can and I said something about it?

Hey sonny.....lighten up.....it was only a joke!! :D :D