"Bird Cage" plastic clip for clutch....

Ataim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Clutch slave and mater changed 'bout a month ago. Now I've had to change the bird cage twice and it came apart again this morning. Is there any other part beside the bird cage? Also the ridge that it clips onto appear to be deed enough to hold it all together. Am I doing something wrong? Its a 2001 RT/10

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not doing anything wrong, they do break at times. Mine failed twice within a year also, so I decided to revise the system to prevent it from happening again. I took the whole pedal assembly out, drilled a hole thru the pin you show in the above pictures, put a plastic bushing over the pin, then used a retaining pin thru the hole I drilled to keep it from coming off. It was a PITA to do.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has broke twice in the past few years. I just keep a couple spares in my car now. Are you possibly favoring the left side of the clutch, thus putting more pressure on the bird cage? That was a reason Jon B mentioned as a possibility for me breaking 2.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got them from my local Dodge dealer a couple years ago. They were like $5 each.

Back in 2006, the part # was 4643 448. Not sure if it has changed since then or not

Last edited: