Black GTS w/Red stripes and Yellow wheels... Yes?... No?...

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once bought a striped shirt that I thought looked good but they crucified me at the lunch table.

Now, I'm getting slammed for harboring such a thought! (black,red,yellow)

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My vote is no... mostly just the yellow wheels.. but u can see in my photo how ugly my wheels were once upon a time. :) I fixed em.. they aren't yellow

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VW makes something like that, called a Harlequin edition. It's supposed to demonstrate how many years of parts are interchangeable.

You must be registered for see images

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^ That's the picture I was looking for, I searched under 'Fiat' No wonder I did not find it :D

I Think getting someone to do a rendering / photoshop for you first would be a good idea ;)

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.dipyourcar.com

They sell yellow plastidip spray and sometimes home depot carries it. Feel free to hit up your wheels with the stuff. Also you can tape off stripes and hit those up with red plastidip. Take a step back and if you hate it you can just peel it right off.

Stonep185

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It must be lunch time cause all I can think of is ketchup and mustard on a burnt hot dog! But seriously it's your car, do what looks good to you and if people give you grief just point to the dolphin car and say ” it could be worse”

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well on the other note you can do it if your goal is to make little children cry and run to their moms.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote no, but do as you wish with your car. You'll be helping out other Gen II owners by increasing the value of their Vipers.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense to the McViper crowd, but I don't think I've seen yellow wheels on anything that looked good. If you want to try it, give the Plasti-dip a shot. It works great, and if you don't like it, it's easy to peel back off.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EDIT: Wow, I never thought the response would be so..... sensible!

Wow, no wonder the guy still has those yellows for sale.

My original thought was to have red wheels and red stripes but I guess that ***** too, right?

I took a new 2000 GTS to Watkins Glen and got rolls of miscl vinyl tape from the local printer to plaster my front end to keep stone chips off.

So i did this Dazzle Camo thing on the front. Red car with a lot of white and some red, green, gold, cyan vinyl.

From a distance it looked like some kind of fancy paint race car and two people came into the pits to check it out. Only to find it was gobbed on vinyl!

I guess its the "Yellow Wheel Fad" that is the real issue.

EDIT2: Black wheels seem in. So I could paint them black perl or MF. I imagine changing color would be easier than prepping chrome wheels - besides, who wants to paint a set of chromes. That's just wastefull.

Last edited:

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen one of these at Hershey this year I figure someone painted it like that.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hummm.... That Vintage Gold Plasti Dip might just be the cure for some Yellows! (Yellow Wheels = NO always)

I'm sure they make Black and Red too - red wheels/red stripes?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235