Blk/Red stripe Coupe...pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As requested, pics of my new Blk/Red stripe coupe. A couple of points. Red side emblems were backordered...that's why rear has red and side is chrome. I have a set of Copperhead wheels that will be going on the car...and they will be Black Chromed...not powdercoated as I usually do. Rear diffuser was black...and as I like contrast...had it painted Red. Most won't like...but I have a plan for some additional mods back there...so it fits into my plan. The Red console wasn't painted...they can be ordered Red, silver, or Blue from parts. I will be installing Red leather on the shift knob, brake, stitching, inserts. This car is getting an RSI TT package next week.

Thanks as usual to John at Roanoke for making this whole thing happen in 3 days..including better than Factory striping. We worked the deal on Monday...and the car was painted and delivered by Sat AM. Haven't even had time to take the plastic off the car yet. :)

You must be registered for see images

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car... :2tu:

What is that now 3 Vipers, 07 Escalade I see in the picture, yellow Ford GT, 2 lambos and a z06...WOW I wish I was you! :D

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great looking car... :2tu:

What is that now 3 Vipers, 07 Escalade I see in the picture, yellow Ford GT, 2 lambos and a z06...WOW I wish I was you! :D

Thanks....but you don't want to be me.lol. Actually...I sold all but one of my Lambos..., and the Z, and have a few more Vipers than 3. Been collecting them since '92. :)

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're right... I don't like the diffuser as is, but dying to see what you have in mind. Looks great! :2tu:

Thanks Warfang...and I didn't like the diffuser when I first saw it either. But it will be trick when done.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
everything looks great except for the gas cap!
seeing i'm a nice guy, i will send you the stock black one and a couple hundred bucks, and you send me yours!

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
everything looks great except for the gas cap!
seeing i'm a nice guy, i will send you the stock black one and a couple hundred bucks, and you send me yours!

Thanks Mike. I already have plans for the gas cap.lol.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks great, minus the red diffuser. That would have to be seen in person to get the "full effect". I like that you have the 10 spokes on it. Seems as though everyone goes with the 5 spokes now, which, IMO dont look as good as the good'ole 10 spokes.

Just curious, but why THREE GENIII Coupes?

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it looks great, minus the red diffuser. That would have to be seen in person to get the "full effect". I like that you have the 10 spokes on it. Seems as though everyone goes with the 5 spokes now, which, IMO dont look as good as the good'ole 10 spokes.

Thanks Austin. I feel strong about the '06 Coupe...similar to the way I viewed the 96 Coupe when it first came out.. Love the look of the car. I always go overboard...but it's my only real hobby. Love cars...and Vipers in particular. I think with the current price of new Vipers, it is the greatest single supercar bargain in the world. If I had to pay 85k for a Coupe...I would have A coupe, which was my plan when I bought the FE last year.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Austin. I feel strong about the '06 Coupe...similar to the way I viewed the 96 Coupe when it first came out.. Love the look of the car. I always go overboard...but it's my only real hobby. Love cars...and Vipers in particular. I think with the current price of new Vipers, it is the greatest single supercar bargain in the world. If I had to pay 85k for a Coupe...I would have A coupe, which was my plan when I bought the FE last year.

Well, you definitely have great taste in vehicles. I agree with you on the comment that the Viper is the greatest bargain Supercar. If you've got the money to collect Vipers, more power to ya! :cool:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trick to this kind of endeavor is not going too far, which you have already done. The black and red looks different and very nice. The diffuser doesn't look good and the red in the interior looks foul as well. Too many owners of black Vipers go for the batman look with black wheels. It is too much and looks horrible. Black wheels can look good on a yellow or red Viper but not on a black one. The wheels look good as they are right now. You need some bright contrast and aluminum wheels give you that. Of course, it is your car but when people don't think it looks so great, the items I mentioned will probably be the reasons why. After all, how badly can a Viper look anyway, not matter what you do to it?

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trick to this kind of endeavor is not going too far, which you have already done. The black and red looks different and very nice. The diffuser doesn't look good and the red in the interior looks foul as well. Too many owners of black Vipers go for the batman look with black wheels. It is too much and looks horrible. Black wheels can look good on a yellow or red Viper but not on a black one. The wheels look good as they are right now. You need some bright contrast and aluminum wheels give you that. Of course, it is your car but when people don't think it looks so great, the items I mentioned will probably be the reasons why. After all, how badly can a Viper look anyway, not matter what you do to it?

WRONG. That Coupe looks Killer!

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

WRONG. That Coupe looks Killer!

Thanks OK Viper. I appreciate that.

FYI Alexarz: I posted this at a personal request of a couple of guys who were thinking of putting red stripes on a black car, and they also wanted to see the Red console, and asked me to post pics. Was trying to help other Viper owners....as opposed to your .....post. "The trick to this kind of endeavor". Funny stuff. And this one.."Of course, it is your car but when people don't think it looks so great, the items I mentioned will probably be the reasons why". Nice of you to tell me why people won't like my car.lol. I normally take this kind of stuff and let it roll off...but your post shows no class whatsoever. I had to look back at my first post to see if I asked you. I didn't. Do you know the difference between Black Chrome and black wheels?? Apparently not...if you think they end up black. Have a nice day. Would love to see a pic of some of your work.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks wicked and TT in the works. HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

I like the matching red calipers too:)

Thanks Andrew. Got tired of painting the calipers...so have to do stuff with Red in it now.lol. Was a pain painting the yellow ones on the yellow car...won't do it again.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper 585, the car looks really good except that for a lot of people, you went too far with the red. I did not mean to insult you but I was trying to be honest. Maybe some people are going to hold it in but I think it is best for you to know the truth. Some people will like it just the way it is but some are definitely going to think that you went too far with the red. It is still a very nice car to anybody with functioning eyes.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper 585, the car looks really good except that for a lot of people, you went too far with the red. I did not mean to insult you but I was trying to be honest. Maybe some people are going to hold it in but I think it is best for you to know the truth. Some people will like it just the way it is but some are definitely going to think that you went too far with the red. It is still a very nice car to anybody with functioning eyes.

Again...very classless. Read my first post. Maybe someday ...you will get it. I read some of the other posts you have made in your very short life on this forum. Go troll elsewhere...or have respect for those who help and share info openly. I could care less what others think about how I choose to modify...appearance or mechanical. Some like...some do not. But don't talk like you are speaking for many...as you have no clue. For cryin' out loud...you think black chrome is a black wheel. Enough said.

As a side note. This is one forum that members will tell you straight out if they don't like something. But it can be done without being offensive, and arrogant. I do it all the time. Any others manage to convey it as well.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let me guess, you have a red SRT with a new front end? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Let me guess, you have a red SRT with a new front end? :rolleyes:

lol. Hey Austin...any chance of a photoshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang