Blocking threads/posts by VCA Twitter?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I put VCA Twitter on my ignore list, but when I go to New Posts, it's all still littered with post after post of crap from Twitter feeds.
Is there a way to completely block seeing any posts or threads started from this stupid thing?
I want to hit New Posts and read through the list to see what I want to read. Now there is thread after thread after thread after thread after thread to have to go through because of this new "feature", and its a PITA.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. I've never used the "ignore" feature before, but it apparently doesn't work like I thought.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I put VCA Twitter on my ignore list, but when I go to New Posts, it's all still littered with post after post of crap from Twitter feeds.
Is there a way to completely block seeing any posts or threads started from this stupid thing?
I want to hit New Posts and read through the list to see what I want to read. Now there is thread after thread after thread after thread after thread to have to go through because of this new "feature", and its a PITA.

I agree that this\\e new "forum" should be excluded from being included in "New Posts." You should post your suggestion in Site Suggestions forum

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you TowDawg. I just logged in and 2/3 of the "Todays Posts" are the Twitter feeds. That is super annoying.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure its getting worked on but if not, it makes this site terrible to view.

vcatwitter must die

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make it stop, it is all SPAM !!!!

Last edited:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
omg omg omg omg the world is ending...

Growing pains y'all, relax... :)

Any progress on this now?
It seems like 35%-40% of the new posts page is taken over by twitter today. Busy tweet-day.
I think people who care could just navigate to the twitter forum for an update where all tweets are together in one place... not the general forum.
JMHO
Mike

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
How are you accessing new posts? If you use the "What's new" or "New Posts" at the top of the page, the twitter stuff is no longer included.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are you accessing new posts? If you use the "What's new" or "New Posts" at the top of the page, the twitter stuff is no longer included.

Thanks for that input ! I had created a Bookmark from the previous " New Posts" link code. I want one click to open up the web page that I want to be at when I access the site, rather than the way probably lots of people have to get there; where you open the general website, and then move the mouse around to the New Posts link and then click it.

So, now, I have copied your new code into my bookmark. Your work here is much appreciated !

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quick Links -> Today's Posts

They're still there.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi RUNNR, UPDATE;

If I coose the "Viper Club of America 4" style forum then the "What's New" tab filters out the twitter posts. Mission Accomplished there - good job!
... However, I prefer to use the "vB4 Default Style" style forum (much cleaner look with the blue bands and white background) and that is where we have the problem... "What's New" button still fails to filter those twitter threads out.
I just hate using the dark grey/black and red scheme of the one that's working, that's all.

Mike

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello?
Is this a difficult fix to get "vB4 Default Style" style forum to filter out the twitters?

If so, then bummer... I like the look of the blue color scheme.
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper