Blown Oil Preassure Sending Unit

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must have very good oil pressure, because I just blew out my oil pressure sending unit on a car that only has 8,500 miles on it. :omg:

Has this ever happen to anyone here? What a mess it did. I tell you, I was just crusing around town when suddenly I see my oil pressure gage go to zero. I freaked out what TF is wrong I thought. The engine seems to be runing fine and is not overheating despite it was around 95 deg. outside. So I pulled over to the side turned off the motor and open the hood. What I found was oil all over the right side of the engine bay and front tire. I could not see exactly what had blown but I started to think it over and go thru all my steps and realized that it had to be the oil pressure sending unit, beacause the oil warning light did not go on. Therefore I had to be the oil pressure sendint unit and nothing else. Thank God I was only about three blocks from home and I was able to drive it home with less than a half of quart of oil loss. Easy fix with a cost of only $ 40.00 for the part and some elbow grease. :D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a bigger set then me. I'd of waited for onlookers to gather, and then recruited them for the 3 block PUSH home.

Sure, I'll be happy to take you for a ride next week, after I get it home today and I fix it. Ever ridden in a Viper? Then push...

OP
OP
F

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would had been to embarrasing. Considering the amount of envious people that hate you for having a viper. :crazy2:

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scary dude. I wouldnt have drove it home myself.. either pushed or trailered. Glad you got it figured out. What an odd problem, never heard on this issue before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960