Blue book value

rsviper94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally have a potential buyer for my 94 Viper and he has his loan approved but the bank wants a copy of the blue book value. Where can I find a high blue book value? Kelly Blue Book is coming in at a lower number than what I am selling it for.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, blue book is obsurd for these cars. Try to find one for sale for blue book value? It wont happen, not even close.

The sources I know of are: Nada.com , kbb.com , Edmunds.com. Good luck..

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Make sure you focus on retail value, not "trade in".

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KBB is really the only option you have. NADA doesn't list Vipers anywhere anymore. I've been up and down this road. Your best bet is to try to explain to the bank that there isn't enough data on these cars because they're so limited. If your guy's credit is good enough, it shouldn't matter. Good luck.

OP
OP
R

rsviper94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The buyer is a buddy of mine and he got approved for the loan yesterday but the bank wants a blue book make up, not sure why since they already approved the amount. I sure hope he buys the car, even though he was approved he is not 100% sure that he wants the car. I have a guy quoting my new pool on Friday so I really need to move the car. :2tu:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is getting to be tougher and tougher , as the book prices are all over the place, and supposedly due to the low numbers of cars available compared to other makes, many such guides are using Auction prices. This , in my estimation, doesn't cover the really primo examples, and frankly there are often reasons any car goes to an Auction. Currently Gen IIs are way too low in NADA, Edmunds, KBB, whereas the Gen IIIs are too high. Do as Joe suggested and check retail (print it out ) and good luck with the Bank. If you have further problems, give me a call and maybe I can give you some other ideas.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[...] Currently Gen IIs are way too low in NADA, Edmunds, KBB, whereas the Gen IIIs are too high.

Irrelevance to real-world prices in blue-book figures is also reflected by some of the more reputable insurance companies. State Farm, it seems, will evidently look at the actual retail selling prices in an area when paying off on a total loss. In an actual instance I'm aware of in mid 2003, a gen 1 Viper that blue booked between $27k (wholesale) and $33k (retail) with 70,000 miles was paid off at $40k, despite the low blue-book value - this was around $36k base plus taxes and other expense, that brought the payoff up to $39,950. Actual gen 1 selling prices have risen since then, as I recall being mentioned in this forum.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bank I got my loan from used the Kelly Blue Book value to go by. The nice thing is i bought my 96' RT/10 for $1500 below KBB (according to my zip code. $7k below KBB if you enter 90210 as the zip code) and it just had a new clutch and major tuneup performed a couple thousand miles ago.

OP
OP
R

rsviper94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bank I got my loan from used the Kelly Blue Book value to go by. The nice thing is i bought my 96' RT/10 for $1500 below KBB (according to my zip code. $7k below KBB if you enter 90210 as the zip code) and it just had a new clutch and major tuneup performed a couple thousand miles ago.

I put that zip in and the value went up by $4300, that awesome :2tu: Thanks

rjspen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the Old Cars Price Guide.You can get it at 7-11, or any book store,in the magazine section.The April 2005 has 1994 Viper #1 condition-$75000;#2-$52500;#3-$30000.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960