BLUE/WHITE GTS IN NEW MOUNTAIN DEW DODGE COMMERICAL!!! WHY NO SRT-10???

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new ad on tv where a guy hits his remote and transforms an old car into a GTS and then the mountain dew Kasey Kahne nascar race car? Wondering why Dodge didn't have an SRT-10 or the new SRT-10 Coupe in the progression. Maybe they do know that the Gen II GTS is what the public most recognizes as a VIPER!!!.... the best looking VIPER....and the only one with a kick asp race history!!! :2tu:

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I understand it, it was not Dodge's commercial. I believe they are advertising Mountain Dew and can pick what ever car they think is best suited and specifically requested a B/W GTS.

BTW, DD the car belongs to an active duty MARINE. Some of us know him. OOOOORRAAAHHHH... Go Jessie!!!

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
The way I understand it, it was not Dodge's commercial. I believe they are advertising Mountain Dew and can pick what ever car they think is best suited and specifically requested a B/W GTS.

BTW, DD the car belongs to an active duty MARINE. Some of us know him. OOOOORRAAAHHHH... Go Jessie!!!
BB,
I would think that Dodge had some say in the matter since every car in the parking lot is a Dodge and the Mountain Dew Nascar car is a Dodge. However, even if Dodge did not and Mountain Dew made an independent decision on the GTS it still means they picked a GTS over the SRT to get the public's attention. Worked for me! Cool that the car belongs to a MARINE...SEMPER FI!!! :usa:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they do know that the Gen II GTS is what the public most recognizes as a VIPER!!!.... the best looking VIPER

Hold on.......Can't let down the Gen1 guys!

Here is my ride, starring in TV and catalog work for Meguiars!

Can I get an "I" for the guys with the old rides! :2tu:

Nothing like using a 10 year old Viper to **** your 2005 products line! :headbang:

416Filming-med.JPG

Full story:
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genvipdis&Number=492180&Forum=genvipdis&Words=Meguiars&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=492180&Search=true#Post492180

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a marine recently back from Iraq. Thank you Jesse, you make us all proud.
I

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BB,
I would think that Dodge had some say in the matter since every car in the parking lot is a Dodge and the Mountain Dew Nascar car is a Dodge. However, even if Dodge did not and Mountain Dew made an independent decision on the GTS it still means they picked a GTS over the SRT to get the public's attention. Worked for me! Cool that the car belongs to a MARINE...SEMPER FI!!! :usa:

Hmmmmm, I think you make a valid point, interesting. Kasey Kahne drives the #9 Mountain Dew Dodge. Since they sponsor a Dodge I would imagine there is some impetus for using all Dodges in the commercial. But, what was that first POS car shown in the commercial?

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they do know that the Gen II GTS is what the public most recognizes as a VIPER!!!.... the best looking VIPER

Hold on.......Can't let down the Gen1 guys!

Here is my ride, starring in TV and catalog work for Meguiars!

Can I get an "I" for the guys with the old rides! :2tu:

Nothing like using a 10 year old Viper to **** your 2005 products line! :headbang:

416Filming-med.JPG

Full story:
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genvipdis&Number=492180&Forum=genvipdis&Words=Meguiars&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=492180&Search=true#Post492180
Is that the guy that lights hoods on fire to prove how tough the wax is? :D

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new ad on tv where a guy hits his remote and transforms an old car into a GTS and then the mountain dew Kasey Kahne nascar race car? Wondering why Dodge didn't have an SRT-10 or the new SRT-10 Coupe in the progression. Maybe they do know that the Gen II GTS is what the public most recognizes as a VIPER!!!.... the best looking VIPER....and the only one with a kick asp race history!!! :2tu:
As long as it is Blue and White! :shocked:

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, :2tu: I am so ate up with the blue and white stripe, I am thinking about
having them tatooed on my asp cheeks.

wife says, that would be one fine asp, setting in one fine asp car.
and after 26 years with me, she can so what ever she likes...

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I. All you need to do is read the post from a couple of days ago on the best or strangest reaction you have had while in your viper. 116 replies and only 2 or 3 came from guys with a gen III.

You can't touch the looks or the ability to recognize a gen I or II viper.

Bluesnake, I have a friend that converted his red srt-ram to a blue and white vca edition, maybe you read his posts on the srt-10 forum. If not, here is his post with pics, maybe he can give you some pointers.

http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9991#post9991

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Is that the guy that lights hoods on fire to prove how tough the wax is? :D

[/QUOTE]

Yep that's the Guy!!!! His Granddaddy lit up the first Model T.

Here he is follow safety back up procedures, just in case the flame gets out of control!

416Mike_P_getting_ready-med.JPG