body shop in the Bay area . . .

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good reccomondation for a body and paint shop in the San Francisco Bay area-specifically near Pleasanton if possible?

I just had the front nose of my car repainted by a shop subcontracted out by my viper tech-blue with white stripes and it cost 1250 bucks. The paint was dimpled and had a huge run in the stripe and another run in the blue. The white in the stripes is whiter than the sripes on the hood, so the don't match.Close, but you can see a difference. I had them redo it and and while smoother, it is still not as smooth as the rest of the paint. Plus they never even touched the runs. I don't know if I want to try to let them do it again.
BTW was 1250 a fair price for the blue and white stripes. It had to be stripped down to bare material because of a break in the lower part.
Another vendor put insulation in my car and I now have a chip in the lower corner of the leading edge of the door on the driver side. I can't say for sure if they did it, but it is about 1/2 inch and the corner is actually broken and crushed where I can see fibers of composite material. Can this be repaired?

Thanks in advance

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you got rippe off, bigtime! I had mine painted, just check the bill, $340. I took it off and re-installed it. It had a couple of runs which they promply fixed. Looed great for almost a week, then I scaped the bottom slightly :mad: . Oh well, front of it still looks good. Good luck and make them do it again until they get it right! For $1250, the should have given a lifetime warranty!

Mike

OP
OP
V

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you got rippe off, bigtime! I had mine painted, just check the bill, $340. I took it off and re-installed it. It had a couple of runs which they promply fixed. Looed great for almost a week, then I scaped the bottom slightly :mad: . Oh well, front of it still looks good. Good luck and make them do it again until they get it right! For $1250, the should have given a lifetime warranty!

Mike

Mike, did they strip yours all the way down? Because of the crack in the nose itself it had to be stripped bare, repaired, and painted. I would imagine the stripes added to the cost as well. You're right though,for the money it should have been done right the first time or at least the 2nd time!
Maybe 3 times is a charm

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the bumper through the whole process, and they did fix a crack in the lower right side(had to be repaired). I believe the striped that area, but to compare the two, just don't know. Mine was about 1" long, I am guessing yours was a little bigger. I had a lot of scrapes on the bottom of the facia(as do most :crazy: ), and the painter said the bottom alone needed 2 hours of prep.

Mike