Bolt on drag wheels in the making for Gen3/4 cars

Mdeniz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short, I am not a fan of going to the drag strip with the wrong wheels/tires. I know first hand with previous cars how much of a difference it makes and therefore I refuse to take my car to a drag strip on a set of street tires.

The #1 issue for me was addressing the front tires. Having hard, wide front radial tires makes it more challenging to control cars going straight specially if you are running gummy soft low tire pressure tires in the back. And unless you downsize the front brakes you cannot fit the CCWs. For me that wasn't a good option because I don't want to downgrade my brakes, in order to get a proper front runner if I don't have to.

The good news...I don't have to. Because after working with Rich Bogart for the last several days taking measurements and discussing possibilities, he is officially started making the first set of 17" front runners for a Gen 3 viper, that if it all goes according to plan will be a direct bolt on. And if my calculations are correct the setup will be 20-30lbs lighter per side.

We will also be working on a rear wheel setup, but I have not done the leg work on these yet. I'll keep everyone posted.

P.S The model I picked for the face is the eliminator and they are going to be Satin black.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like good news. What for the back? The wheel needs to get smaller to get more sidewall in the tire.

OP
OP
M

Mdeniz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like good news. What for the back? The wheel needs to get smaller to get more sidewall in the tire.

Looking at different options presently, its a bit of a challenge due to the dual caliper setup. but i should have something decided within the next week :)

OP
OP
M

Mdeniz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of SSR 18" front and back sitting on my shelf. These rims are light.

No matter how light those are you are still at least double the weight each on the front, just from the tires, and limited to one or 2 tire sizes for the rear on the 18s. Not to mention the issue of safety when running 18psi in the rear with a front radial at 35+psi.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have run M & H drag radials with these 18psi never an issue 11.55 @123 I did finally gave up on the Viper as a drag car. It just is not built for the strip. I now run a 68 roadrunner. I do like what your doing. I have front runners on my Roadrunner 4.5" x 15 DS 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mdeniz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its official, 17" front runners for the gen3/4 vipers are here. No spacers, no grinding, easy as bolting them up to the car and they work with all factory components! I will order tires and get them mounted, as well as start working on a set of rears. If anyone needs them contact Rich@ Bogart!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
M

Mdeniz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Already been worked on :) give me 3 weeks and i should have them on. I wanted to get the fronts out of the way first before starting rears.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any updates on these? Still wondering if 17" rears happened yet, over the stock brakes. I would go 17x10.0 with the Hoosier 28x10.0 drag slick.

OP
OP
M

Mdeniz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich has been very busy but they should be arriving to me before end of september. 28x10 would be a nice tire but a tad on the narrow side, I'm going with a drag 295//45/17 MT Drag radial first to see how i like it.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries. I had Forgeline build me some 17x10.5 GA3-6 wheels for the rear, to match the rest of my wheels. I emailed Bogart, never got a response.

Tony

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets