Boost and AF gauge ????

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you mount your boost and AF gauges? I have an A-pillar, two gauge pod in my gen 2. I like this setup. Has any one made one of these for thr SRTs' yet?

I know about the steering column pod and removing OEM gauges. But I haven't really seen them installed.

Thanks for any photos...

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the column..Boost to the left, A/F to the right.. If i knew how to post pics....id show you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We have done a universal A-pillar mount in an SRT an although it looks cool it is very close to the steering wheel and may be a problem in an evasive maneuver.

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have done a universal A-pillar mount in an SRT an although it looks cool it is very close to the steering wheel and may be a problem in an evasive maneuver.

I just left your website and didn't see it.

Reaction score
Sorry no I don't, I know I sent him some to be sure he wanted it but I have about 7500 Emails for customers and it would take forever to find it. :-(

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe X-vipers can make soemthing for you?

I think MBX(?) the guy who made the colum boost gauge pod was making or going to make a piller pod...?

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe X-vipers can make soemthing for you?

I think MBX(?) the guy who made the colum boost gauge pod was making or going to make a piller pod...?

:lmao: That's funny. I have been on the phone with Mike already today. He has a new CF A-pillar cover. We are trying to get the configuration to incorporate the gauges. I would think that a generic, 2 gauge pod molded into a Viper A-pillar cover should work...

Last edited:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao: That's funny. I have been on the phone with Mike already today. He has a new CF A-pillar cover. We are trying to get the configuration to incorporate the gauges. I would think that a generic, 2 gauge pod molded into a Viper A-pillar cover should work...

Dont let ILLsmoke fool you. I have the thread where he put his in still saved at work. What he did on his dash is by far hands down the most bad ass looking A/F guage I have seen on an SRT to date! I wish I had the link on my laptop at home here. When I go FI I will have to do the same or similar install!

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont let ILLsmoke fool you. I have the thread where he put his in still saved at work. What he did on his dash is by far hands down the most bad ass looking A/F guage I have seen on an SRT to date! I wish I had the link on my laptop at home here. When I go FI I will have to do the same or similar install!

I have seen the AF/boost gauge installed in place of one of the existing gauges.

So ILLSMQ is trying to hold out huh....;)

Thanks Shandon, Ill do a search

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the AF/boost gauge installed in place of one of the existing gauges.

So ILLSMQ is trying to hold out huh....;)

Thanks Shandon, Ill do a search

awe man..I thought in the first post you said you already knew about removing the stock gauge. So I didn't bring mine up. It looks factory in there.

That same gauge will do boost too...if you can decide on another gauge you can do with out :)

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awe man..I thought in the first post you said you already knew about removing the stock gauge. So I didn't bring mine up. It looks factory in there.

That same gauge will do boost too...if you can decide on another gauge you can do with out :)

I did say that at the beginning. I thought you might have come up with a new way to display the gauges..
Thanks, now I know which gauge to get if I go the dash route.

sleeplezz_swe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I built a custom A-pillar gauge pod, I used an Autometer A-pillar gauge pod for Toyota Mr2 that one is really close to match the SRT A-pillar, It took some time but it looks stock, the negative side is as someone already mention that the pillar pod comes close to the steering wheel. I have 2 EGT meeters, 2 wideband lamda and 1 boost gauge monted in my SRT. Not much space so we had to take away the the air intakes above the stereo and made the dash custom to fit 2 meeters, the i use the steering wheel gauge pod for the boost meeter. I´ll post pics as soon as I got the parts back from the paint shop. /Martin

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I built a custom A-pillar gauge pod, I used an Autometer A-pillar gauge pod for Toyota Mr2 that one is really close to match the SRT A-pillar, It took some time but it looks stock, the negative side is as someone already mention that the pillar pod comes close to the steering wheel. I have 2 EGT meeters, 2 wideband lamda and 1 boost gauge monted in my SRT. Not much space so we had to take away the the air intakes above the stereo and made the dash custom to fit 2 meeters, the i use the steering wheel gauge pod for the boost meeter. I´ll post pics as soon as I got the parts back from the paint shop. /Martin

:eater::eater::eater:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang