BOOTS

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week there was mention about the cover for the top.Also some one had taken a picture and had it on the forum.I think it was(VIPER D)that said he had 2 of them.Everyone was calling them boots.Anyway someone said they came as a factory standard equipment.Where did you get this info.I just purchased my 04 srt/10 less then 4wks ago and called my salesman who i bought the car from.I asked him about this and he said he hasn't seen one in 04 only option on 03's.TO THE POINT I want one and would of liked for to be on dodges dollar. :2tu: But if not does anyone have one still for sale?How much?

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My local dealer has an '04 Mamba on the floor WITH the boot you speak of. I would assume they would know what you are talking about.

Bud Brown Dodge in KC.

Kurt

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local dealer has an '04 Mamba on the floor WITH the boot you speak of. I would assume they would know what you are talking about.
Bud Brown Dodge in KC.
Kurt

Hey Kurt - my local dealer too! ;) And I'll bet they will give you a heck of a deal on that Mamba...

Anyway, the deal on the convertible boot is that it was not available in 2003 for ANY SRT-10's - either as standard or as an option. In 2004 it became standard, however the earlier '04's were shipped without them from the factory as they weren't in production yet (the boot). Bottom line: If you have a 2004 SRT-10, the convertible boot cover is INCLUDED in the original purchase price. If the car was sold new without it, have the original selling dealer check to find out how to get it. Failing that, contact Viper Headquarters and see if they can help.

As to the pictures, here is the boot as it appears on the Mamba Kurt is referring to:

You must be registered for see images

Good luck!

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to get help in getting mine several months ago from VCA. I was told it would be sent in order of sales. BS. I bought my car in January and still no cover. Just got off the phone with the selling dealer and the parts dept. is acting as if I'm working the scam of the century. All I want is what came with the $80k car I bought.

OP
OP
F

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just called my sales person.He has tried every option to get this boot but dodge said not on build sheet.U must buy THIS AS OPTION."Guys on vca don't know what they are talking about!This is not standard."This is what there response was from dodge @where i bought it.What it is, they don't feel like following up on the orders that have been sold already and figure they will get away with it.This is my 15th dodge vehicle and never have i been disappointed in dodge.I have spent over 80k and they act like i bought a F**KING YUGO!Can anyone help with this or should i just purchase one used.Go figure some got two with there cars and others get a big fat Q. :mad: :mad:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have your original window sticker from your 2004 Viper SRT-10, you will see the Convertible Top Cover listed like this:

Note that I underlined both the top cover (boot) and the now-standard trunk carpet kit. These are both included in the 2004 purchase price. NOT as an option, but as a standard feature on the 2004 SRT-10. Work on your dealer, but failing that drop me an e-mail with your VIN, purchase date, and dealer name. I will see what I can do.

Oh yeah, and unless you bought your SRT-10 BRAND NEW and still own it, forget it. Once the vehicle is sold as a used car then all bets are off - even if it is missing the convertible top itself! ;) And don't forget, this is ONLY for the 2004 model year - 2003 did not have a top cover as standard or even as an option. Likewise, the 2003 did not include the trunk carpet kit either...

Good luck!

OP
OP
F

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me begin by saying thank you for your help.My sticker does not have that on it.I will pm you with more info.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a white mamba built Febuary 16th and it ends with "Trunk Dress-Up" no mention of anything else and goes on to "Exterior Features.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search for old threads on the boot cover. I recall that someone had listed a phone number, in one of the posts, that he had successfully used to get the cover for his '04 (which was delivered without it). If I remember correctly, the phone number was listed towards the bottom of the thread. Good luck.

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have in my hand a form letter from Darryl Jackson Vice Pres. of Marketing telling me I will get a cover. I got this letter in the spring. A new Corvette with a choice of colors that I don't have to win a raffle to order is starting to look pretty good.

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The boots on the '04 cars are done through the VCA. This is Kim Vogt's email, she should be able to steer you in the right direction, if she is not the correct person.
[email protected] You may have to be the original owner that the car was NVDR'd to, to get the free boot.

If you need one and can't get the free one, or have an '03...

I checked and we can sell the boots for 336.00. The national parts depot has 45 in stock. E-mail me if you want to purchase one [email protected]

Hope this helps!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Tony was right - that Mike guy (immediately above) is GOOD! ;) Art, I confirmed that your boot is on the way as of today. Jamie, I don't have a good e-mail for you (bounced) and need mailing address and full name.

Oh, and for those interested I believe the part number for the cover is 157320-4. Hope this helps!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again thanks much for bringing this to our attention and for taking time from your busy schedule to help us VIPER SRTs 04. Art 138

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Floorin04,

Sounds like you're making some progress. I bought my 04 in April 04 and my "sticker" reads like the one posted. I got the Covertible top Cover with mine and use it quite a bit. Good luck.

Dan

Trrbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anyone needs a brand spankin new boot for an 04, just in time for the VOI, then I have one. It's in the box ready to be shipped. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

:headbang:
Ron Dawson
214-908-7589 (cell)

OP
OP
F

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine today :) .THANK YOU CHRIS(Y2K5SRT) :2tu: :2tu: .I owe you a drink.Everyone who is waiting its worth it looks awesome. :headbang:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine today :) .THANK YOU CHRIS(Y2K5SRT) :2tu: :2tu: .I owe you a drink.Everyone who is waiting its worth it looks awesome. :headbang:

AWESOME! They verified with me that the first shipment (a month ago) apparently was never tracked. They then told me today that they shipped another one out. BIRD, you should have yours pretty darn quick too!

Chris

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris thanks to you I got mine today. The only person with nothing to gain and you came thru. Just out of curiosity how do you do it? No one else gave a fiddlers----. The dealer I bought my car from could have sold me a new Wrangler and a Rumble Bee, but I bought elsewhere. I'm not to thrilled with Dodge or VCA either. Bottom line thanks to the people on this site I got what was coming to me.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not thrilled with the VCA? Wait a minute... Chris is a President of his VCA region, and surely deserves all the credit for this one!

Way to go Chris!

snaketime

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bird has a point. This has been a frustrating process, and shouldn't have been. It should have been a straight forward fulfillment process, but appears to have been either managed poorly or preferentially. DC should not have handed this process to a marketing firm (who also manages VCA). That said, I received mine this week and it looks great, but I've earned $350 with a lot less effort than this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken