Boy, Do I Have Problems Now...

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys will get a kick out of this...

Some of you know that my wife and I have a daughter. She's not too bad looking, if I have to say so myself. Yes, I realize I am biased...

Well, she has this new young man calling on her. Nothing serious at all, but at her age every guy needs to be vetted a bit more.

Nice guy, good grades in high school as well as college (straight A's in both); I know the family.

Here's where things get "interesting..."

He shows up in a 2001....

red...

Ferrari 360.

You must be registered for see images
is my first reaction, then...

What's cool is that it is a coupe, not even a removable roof, and a gate-shifted 6-speed versus a paddle shifter. This kid is "old school!"

There's more to him that I won't say, because some of you will know who he is. Suffice to say there is a reason I know him and his family...

I told him he is upstaging me...at his age I was driving convertible Corvettes and thought my S**t didn't stink. But a Ferrari...

And to answer the inevitable question, "yes" he knows how to drive the car. His credentials in other cars are superb.

Just thought I'd share with ya'll...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awe yes the good old van days...had to change the darn springs every six months in mine..

pretty kool and I LOVE the F360's...Just a ground breaking car

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't really care who the family/kid is, but we need pictures of said daughter...

Thought I'd mention it since everyone else is being PC and dancing around the obvious! :D

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care what he's driving. The first thing I do with my daughter's new boyfriends is take them into my study and show them my weapons collection. ;)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am far more impressed by the fact that your daughter was one of nine students in her high school class to graduate with a 4.0 GPA this past June. Congratulations!

Note that if I was her Dad, I might be a bit concerned about my daugher dating a college student if she just graduated from high school. Just how much older is he and why is he dating someone who just graduated from high school? If he just finished his freshman year of college, I get it. But if he is farther along than that, I would be a bit suspicious and start asking about where they are going on dates and whether a false ID is involved in getting into where they are going. A recent high school grad is still impressionable and could easily get swept up in the glammer of bright, handsome young man with a Ferrari. More importantly, that young man knows same and based on your post seems to have a "good game" put together. Be careful.

By the way, if th boy's parents are clients of your firm, you may have a conflict. LOL.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently allowed my 16 year old daughter to date and you better belieave the young man is only 15

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A gated shifter Ferrari? The next thing you're gonna tell us is he hates TC and ABS. If so, clone him. And if your daughter doesn't marry him and have lotsa kids I'll bring one of my Asian babes over for him.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your daughter is that good looking and smart, she won't be WOW'ed by anything on 4 wheels. I trust you raised her better than that. Be wary that the kid isn't really interested in your daughter, but maybe wants to get into your head. Has he been leading you to believe he wants a race sponsor?? LOL

PS-It was good to meet you this weekend. You have done a first rate job on your ride, and you clearly handle it well. I couldn't see the start of Sun race from my vantage on the hill by Madness. How did you get make up so many positions? Were there guys without radios and spotters who didn't know the race started so you got the jump on them? jc Well earned win, you really had to work to keep that John Deere green vette behind you. It was great to see another Viper at our event. Come to Putnam sometime, its a lot of fun like MidO.

PPS-You should change your moniker from 'enthusiast' to 'owner.'

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your daughter is that good looking and smart, she won't be WOW'ed by anything on 4 wheels. I trust you raised her better than that. Be wary that the kid isn't really interested in your daughter, but maybe wants to get into your head. Has he been leading you to believe he wants a race sponsor?? LOL

PS-It was good to meet you this weekend. You have done a first rate job on your ride, and you clearly handle it well. I couldn't see the start of Sun race from my vantage on the hill by Madness. How did you get make up so many positions? Were there guys without radios and spotters who didn't know the race started so you got the jump on them? jc Well earned win, you really had to work to keep that John Deere green vette behind you. It was great to see another Viper at our event. Come to Putnam sometime, its a lot of fun like MidO.

PPS-You should change your moniker from 'enthusiast' to 'owner.'

It was good meeting you as well.

I have been getting some pretty good starts lately; I like to attribute some of the success to the torque of the Viper's motor, but there was a Comp Coupe that I passed Sunday, so maybe that's not all of the reason.

I am rather proud of this car. I think the rollcage is one of the best in the country. When this car is done it's going to be one wild ride. It is already a blast to drive. We changed rear gears for this weekend to go along with a new transmission with a .03 fifth gear. This made quite a difference.

Now the car is off to finish the paint job. The shop will remove the roof, rear deck and wing to match the rest of the car. While that is being done, new A-arms, wheel bearings, tie rods, and freshened Motons will go on the car.

OP
OP
D

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't care what he's driving. The first thing I do with my daughter's new boyfriends is take them into my study and show them my weapons collection. ;)

There's a funny story that goes with your comment.

Last February my daughter had a date with a kid who was a first year student at West Point.

So, I am wondering how I am going to make the "proper" impression on him: I don't own any weapons, and even if I did, he has more...

Me racing Vipers won't impress him because he was going to drive an Abrams tank in the summer...

So when he showed up to pick Rachael up, I put a good friend of mine on the phone. This good friend, who I onced loaned my T1 Viper to so he could qualify for the SCCA Run Offs, was a Lt Colonel @ Fort Benning.

The young man, while taking my cell phone from me, smiles and says, "Is this a Master Sargeant or something?" When he heard my friend, who told him his rank, his back went ramrod straight.

I didn't here what was told to him, but the youngster's responses were, "Yes, sir; No sir; Absolutely not sir; Of course sir, You have my word sir."

I just stood back and smiled. Point made...:lmao:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If he is in college (aka having no real job / career) how did he get a ferrari? Daddy bought it for him?

OP
OP
D

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If he is in college (aka having no real job / career) how did he get a ferrari? Daddy bought it for him?

He jsut graduated, works for the family business and does very well, but the car was a gift from his parents.

His father and uncle own a successful business, enough that both own and race expensive race cars, as does the young man in question and his cousin.

He doesn't act at all like a spoiled perso, in fact quite the opposite. Very polite and respectful. His everyday car is an old Jeep Grand Cherokee; the Ferrari is his weekend car.

OP
OP
D

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PS-It was good to meet you this weekend. You have done a first rate job on your ride, and you clearly handle it well. I couldn't see the start of Sun race from my vantage on the hill by Madness. How did you get make up so many positions? Were there guys without radios and spotters who didn't know the race started so you got the jump on them? jc Well earned win, you really had to work to keep that John Deere green vette behind you. It was great to see another Viper at our event. Come to Putnam sometime, its a lot of fun like MO'

Video of Sunday's race:

Laps 1 & 2 (prior to full course yellow):
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zQShzMfYJo[/media]

Restart:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqfF4fJgbSE[/media]

Additional laps after restart:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiK1x6FV4I4[/media]

Last few laps:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PftdJkzw034[/media]

Last edited:

usurbrain

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Laps 1 & 2 (prior to full course yellow):
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zQShzMfYJo[/media]

I liked how the Camaro took the Porsche out at 27 secs.... hahaha

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
feel like Ive been cheated in this life...LOL

I think the young man has been cheated out of what it feels like to work hard and earn the money to buy such a car. I remember 26 years ago when, after working very hard for a period of years, that I decided it was time to reward myself with something special. I bought a performabce vehicle. It felt great. I doubt I would have had the same feeling if someone had given the car to me. JM2Cs.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked how the Camaro took the Porsche out at 27 secs.... hahaha

Seriously, did you pay him to do that or what?

Back on topic, you are letting a recent college grad date your recent HS grad daughter? Or did I misunderstand that? My daughter just turned 17 and you would not believe the chewings out I have given her BF's.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, did you pay him to do that or what?

Back on topic, you are letting a recent college grad date your recent HS grad daughter? Or did I misunderstand that? My daughter just turned 17 and you would not believe the chewings out I have given her BF's.

See post number 11 above.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang