Braided Steel Brake Lines for ABS cars

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Jon B's post a while back I just got my new steel braided brake lines from Stop Tech. They used my car as a tester since the bracketry and routing of the lines is different for ABS cars (2001 and later). I must say the feel of the brake pedal is much better. Since the car is new the stock lines didn't have much chance to soften but I can feel the difference.

Just a word about the guys at Stop Tech and that is they know their stuff. They were so careful about the fit, routing, etc. and other potential problem areas that it took a little longer to get them on the first time but I would much rather they were careful than just trying to get me out of there. I can also tell you that there is a lot more to brakes than the average person could imagine.

If you need new rotors, upgraded brakes or even the steel lines give these guys a call. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks again Jon for the chance to get these on my car.

Leonard

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
StopTech had asked me for help in locating a victim....er, um a 2001 PIONEER! Thanks, Leonard, for being the pioneer of these SS lines. As I recall, didn't you also Pioneer the 1st Eibach kit for me a long time ago?

'92-'00 Stainless lines are in stock, and a July special at $$$ {call me!} / set of 4.... 2001 SS lines will NOT be ready to ship for another 7-10 days. NOTE: the OLDER your lines are, the more you NEED stainless lines, especially if you plan any roadcourse activity where HOT ROTORS soften the brake lines even more.

A firmer, always-predictable pedal feel is the result.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$299 is a super price! I built my own with Aeroquip hose and reusable fittings, plus clips and crush washers from NAPA. I think I ended up spending about $240 - and that was 4 years ago.