Brake Duct for GTS

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a cone kit but Jon B is out and No replies yet from Henry Cone. I've been researching and it seems the area underneath the fascia is positive..I was thinking about putting a NACA vent behind fascia pointing down and then connect with 600 deg hosing from the top to the rotors...It looks as though I also could just cut a 3" hole in the rear ABS (or whatever material behind the fascia) near the radiator and have the duct poke out in the front...any info from y'all is appreciated

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made my own kit. I got my parts list from Chuck98 but I think it's on here in one of the brake ducting threads. Wasn't to bad @ all to do

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went the Chuck98 route 2 years ago. I started writing the DIY today. Will post soon. I used a 3 1/4" hole saw to cut the holes so the hose would fit through nicely. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

OP
OP
F

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I appreciate the input from both...Tony any and all info/pics are appreciated!

OP
OP
F

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW Great Stuff thus far...perfect!! Question what if I just use a hole saw and cut opening (about 3-1/4") from the rear without taking front fascia off push hose thru from rear and bed hose to rear fascia? Just a thought?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Great Stuff thus far...perfect!! Question what if I just use a hole saw and cut opening (about 3-1/4") from the rear without taking front fascia off push hose thru from rear and bed hose to rear fascia? Just a thought?

I thought about that when I undetook this project but I had two issues. The first one, was being able to get the air inlet ducts behind the fascia. They didn't fit through the fascia opening. Second, I was concerned about drilling through the passenger side near the oil cooler line. I didn't want to hit it drilling somewhat blindly from behind the ABS panel. Also, I had to drill that hole on a slight angle to get it through. But it's doable. I don't see how you'd be able to get the air duct through the fascia unless you were able to cut it down further.

OP
OP
F

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry wasn't clear...I was implying to eliminate the duct shroud and just have the 3-1/2 hose just poke its nose out...would this significantly reduce air flow?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry wasn't clear...I was implying to eliminate the duct shroud and just have the 3-1/2 hose just poke its nose out...would this significantly reduce air flow?

You want the naca duct in the front. The cone on the caliper is not required.

OP
OP
F

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gotcha..what do you think of the idea about just getting a cheap NACA duct and trim it down for the caliper side...or is that a waste?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha..what do you think of the idea about just getting a cheap NACA duct and trim it down for the caliper side...or is that a waste?

I'm just running the aircraft hose pointed @ the caliper/hub right now. I've been looking for the comp coupe caliper shrouds but people want stupid $$$ for them.

OP
OP
F

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just purchased smaller ducts for the rotor.. I figured I would say that to the size I need.. I'll let you know how it works out. Its worth a try for $20.. I'll pass on the shrouds that are silly money to me

OP
OP
F

firstcolonial

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the illustrated guide that Viper Tony (brake duct..I know he's got a few) not work?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird...I just fixed it. I made a copy and moved it to the upgrades section but it appears whatever modifications i make to the original are mirrored in the illustrateds. I've never seen this behavior before...must be a new feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheHunter