Brake Man 3 vs Performance Friction 01?

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting conflicting info on which is the better pad, particularly for track use. Anybody have real life experience with the two?

My application is a bone stock GTS w/ABS.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are great track pads, I've used both they wear about the same. The Brakeman 3 is more progressive, the PF is "grabbier" which is OK in an ABS car, it's pretty much personal preference.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've seen 2X life out of PFCs and the ability to withstand higher heat. Like Ron says, they are more of a finesse pad, whereas you can just about stand on the BM3s. We recommend Brakeman 3s for novices, and then move to the PFC 01.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Brakeman #3's ok for street use?

I use them, and love 'em. A lot of pedal feel, stopping distances have improved, and work fine cold. Like any high-performance brake pad, your going to get dust. But this trade-off is fine knowing I can drive very aggressively, and not have to worry about frying my pads.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did the whole One Lap this year on Brakeman 3's. Plenty of more street miles than track miles. Seemed OK for stopping on the street. Plenty of noise though approaching street lights coming to a stop.

OP
OP
J

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoosier Daddy,

Are you still running stock calipers and discs? What kind of brake cooling are you using?

P.S. I've just ordered a set of PFC 01's for the front and BM3's for the rear. (apparently PFC does not make pads for the ABS rear caliper). So, I'll be able to report back on the comparison myself.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up front I have the stock calipers, stop tech aero rotors with no slots or holes. Cone front brake cooling kit and porsche deflectors. Rears I have the stock calipers, rotors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960