Brake pad replacement

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up some brake pads from JonB, I got tired of the dust/squeal.I have replaced pads dozens of times on cars other than the Viper.I noticed the manual shows a tool being used to srew rear pistons in.Is this tool required or can piston be screwed in using fingers?

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I was afraid of that.Anyone know the cheapest place to pick one up at ?
I can then add that one to my growing collection of brake tools!!!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can pick up an entire set for 20 dollars for Harbor Freight; the tool kit has several other brake taps that will fit other cars as well. Their web site might have it for more dollars, I bought from their sales catalogue.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill be upgrading my brakes to drilled/slotted rotors and EBC red stuff brake pads. What tools will I need besides the standard to complete this job????

:usa:

kevin96rt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ill be upgrading my brakes to drilled/slotted rotors and EBC red stuff brake pads. What tools will I need besides the standard to complete this job????

Hey Rob
The only special tool you need is for the rear caliper.Its a walk in the park I did mine in under 2 hrs.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks... I'm not experienced so I am assuming around 3-4 to do all four rotors and pads. Ill get a post up when I get all the parts. Basically going with R1 slotted and crossdrilled rotors and EBC red stuff pads.:2tu:

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought the brake tool kit from Harbor Freight 29.99 it does not list dodge as one of the applicable manufacturers but one of the attachments measures to what is needed on the rear calipers so I think it will work.Thanks for the info!!!