Brake Rotor Hat Colors

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the color of brake rotor hats that will withstand the heat without damage? I've seen Eradispeed rotors :usa: with red hats and was wondering how they are doing that and if it holds up? Thanks.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Powder coat is best way from what I understand. I've Got to wait until next year to get that done! Looks real good too!

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just came from the powder coat shop and they told me the coating is only good for 400 degrees. The rotor hats get much hotter than that, don't they? Even the caliper paint that is rated at 900 degrees says on the can, NOT FOR ROTORS. Do you think that is referring to the rotor hats also?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is my powdered suspension done last year. looks the same today.

7911MVC-020S-med.JPG

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw that devil, but mine still look great after (1) year, and i drive my car more than most. i did the paint thing a long time ago, and i found that it was a total waste of time and money, esp compared to PC.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
i saw that devil, but mine still look great after (1) year, and i drive my car more than most. i did the paint thing a long time ago, and i found that it was a total waste of time and money, esp compared to PC.

Big, what kind of paint did you use that did not work?

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have anodized blue aluminum hats, and they withstand hours and hours of racing. This is the best pic I have of them (sorry):

Hats.jpg

It is pretty cheap to get them anodized (about $40 per lot).

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I have anodized blue aluminum hats, and they withstand hours and hours of racing. This is the best pic I have of them (sorry):

Hats.jpg

It is pretty cheap to get them anodized (about $40 per lot).

'97 Viperidae, I'm in DFW area also. Where did you get the anodizing done and how long did it take? Looks good and holds up! BTW, I've never seen slotted rotors where the slots run in alternate directions. What kind are they? Are you running at Moptorsport Ranch?

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEVILDOG,

The anodizing was done at R and L plating in Dallas, and it takes about 3 days. There are several places in Dallas to choose from, but most only deal with corporate accounts or large volumes (10,000 or more). The rotors are Wilwoods (which are re-labeled Colemans). I used to run at MSR regularly, and I am a member there, but my car has been down for a couple months for a Quaife/gears, motons, and solid bushings. I just moved to Tulsa, OK, but hopefully I can run Hallet soon...

Shawn

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Big, what kind of paint did you use that did not work? >>

i tried to paint my calipers on a TA i had a number of years ago, with paint that i bought at a local parts store. looking back, it could have been a number of things such as caliper prep, paint quality, and my TA was a daily driver.

whatever you decide to do, keep us posted on the results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302