Brake Transplant - SRT-10 to GEN II 2002 ACR

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all:

My friend has a 2002 GTS ACR - he really would like to buy a SRT-10 brake caliper and rotor package and install it on his car. Those new SRT-10 brakes are just great.

Does anyone know of a kit - Ie new mounting brakets, etc that would adapt the Mopar SRT-10 brake calipers to mount up. The StopTech kit is great (I have the Big Brake 4 wheel) BUT he would rather go with the OEM calipers. Possibly also the SRT-10 parking brake.

Any insight or experience would be great.

I would think that all that is needed is 4 CNC bracket adaptors and new rotors or custom hats (2 piece). Would the stock 2002 ACR Master handle the new caliper's pistons?

Thanks

jason

:confused:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The SRT brakes themselves installed on a Gen2 may not yield the stopping power of the SRT. I think suspension geometry and weight distibution may factor into the equation also. Just a guess.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, but the balance would be a huge improvement over the stock gen II...if you could get the calipers (4 wheel 4 piston) on custom brackets it would be a sweet upgrade...you dont need the ABS for this to work, but that would be nice. Unfortunately THATS the expensive part.

OP
OP
V

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SnakeOyl looks like they are going to produce a kit - in a few weeks a hear - I believe theve been working on it for quite a while. Very curious what prive will be and what is included and what you need to order - (lines, brackets, calipers, rotors) from Mopar.

I have Stoptech RED 4 wheel - For a respectable a price I'd even switch to get OEM. Just to get the factory look on my GTS. Stptechs are great tho.

Very curious if OEM rotors would fit - I doubt that because I beleieve (please correct me) that Gen I-II have different hubs-spindles - would be nice since OEM stuff is cheap.

Has John B at partsrack any info?

Thanks,

Jason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang