Brakes sqeal

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Squeeky brakes are just part of the Viper experience!
You must be registered for see images
Luckly, you have several options that will not only reduce/eliminate the squeeking, but also greatly reduce the brake dust problem. Contact Rich Bontempi at High Performance House- http://www.highperformancehouse.com/ He carries the Porterfield brakes which seem to be very popular (there is a pad for street only use-R4S and race only use-R4). Also, I have heard very good things about EBC brakes. I'm sure others will have other suggestions as well. Good luck.
You must be registered for see images

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold brakes squeal, heat them up and you are all set. That's the Viper experience! Ditto Kurt's Bontempi recomendation, the R4S's are quiet an have much less dust, a great street pad. I used the R4's at the track and they worked great but at less than track temps, well, you think your stock pads squeal...

Low pads will scrape your rotors, you'll hear a squeal and lose your braking ability as your fluid boils from the metal to metal heat. As your foot goes to the floor your car will proceed along it's merry way oblivious to your puckered seat cushion. So visually inspect your pads at least every month. Take a flashlight and look at them, it isn't hard. And it may save you a windshield taste test.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen