Brakes???

Reaction score
Hi Gang, has anyone used STOP TECH brakes? If so, what is your impression on there performance?...In addition, what do you think about slotted rotors VS drilled?...The car is used for track and street...Thanks Johnny...

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed no difference in my braking after slotting my stock rotors. I added steel braided lines, dedicated ducts and R4S pads for the street, R4's for the track and would have to say the pads made most of the difference. Make sure the slots are carefully chamfered so as not to reduce pad life.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We LIKE our STOPTECH brake upgrade that was installed at VOI.6...Byron at STOPTECH has LOTS of data that will be added to their website soon...call him (may be at SEMA). They are still working on rear brake upgrade, but the front package is helping the 95 RT/10 outstop our 96 RT/10, 97 GTS and 99ACR...the first 3 have Mxx3's, the ACR has Sports...SOOOOOOOOOO many other variables exist that you and I could know, but at this point we are QUITE pleased and will keep an eye on evolving data and tests.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
P.S. we went with slotted and ni-cad coated rotors, "street" pads...used VERY controlled and gentle break-in period of 100 miles as STOPTECH recommended.