Brand new Orange Z06 Corvette

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was with my brother-inlaw today and we drove up next to a brand new orange Z06 Corvette. It was a really nice car... but it was pretty funny to see him checking out my car from his rear-view mirror which I could clearly see when I was behind him and then once again when I pulled up next to him. ;)

This guy definitely had a nice car.. but I love my Viper :2tu:

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corvettes are nice cars. I've owned five of them over the years. Believe me, most all Corvette owners are somewhat awed by the sight of a Viper. I sold my last Vette ('05) because I never could "bond" with it. The Z06 and ZR-1s are very different than the more compromised standard Corvette cruiser that I owned. Still they all look pretty much the same and the vast majority of people don't know one from the other. I've seen so many C6's that I don't find them as attractive as I once did. Vipers are not often seen and are more exclusive and attractive in either coupe or convertible versions than the Vettes. No matter how nice the Corvettes may seem, they will never have the appeal to me that the Vipers have.

Last edited:

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Corvettes are nice cars. I've owned five of them over the years. Beleive me, most all Corvette owners are somewhat awed by the sight of a Viper. I sold my last Vette ('05) because I never could "bond" with it. The Z06 and ZR-1s are very different than the more compromised standard Corvette cruiser that I owned. Still they all look pretty much the same and the vast majority of people don't know one from the other. I've seen so many C6's that I don't find them as attractive as I once did. Vipers are not often seen and are more exclusive and attractive in either coupe or convertible versions than the Vettes. No matter how nice the Corvettes may seem, they will never have the appeal to me that the Vipers have.
Well said!! :2tu: :headbang:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a black Z06 yesterday, I gotta tell ya, that is one beautiful car. I am a car guy, and the Z06's wider stance and more aggressive front fascia was very noticable to me.

But I am a car guy. If they made a conv Z06, i would seriously consider getting one to go along w/ the Viper, never as a replacement!

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a black vette convertible in my area that has a ZO6 body. It looks very nice from the back. I'm pretty sure that it does not have ZO6 badging. I've seen it multiple times but I have never had the chance to ask the driver about the car.

DrDJ

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my 95 RT/10 to a local car show Saturday night. There were at least 3 new Z06's there. There were very few people looking at the Z06's. Most just walked on by them to look at my old black 95 Viper!! I love it!!

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last sat. nite, at our weekly cruise-in (about 500 to 600 cars on average!), there are usually 2 lines of Vettes, 20 to 30 or so. It seems that the ONLY people who look at the Vettes are the vette owners! Otherwise, people just seem to walk on by! That has been the case with a guy in our "tuesday nite 5 n Diner group (going on 8 years now), who "had " a new blk on blk ZO6, and when he would park next to me (05 Comm Edition with S/C, Sidwinder Wheels, Eibachs, etc.), people would just walk by the Vette and look at the Viper. It made him livid! He sold the ZO6 and has a Mustang Shelby KR on order (he hates Vipers!). I just laugh and go on knowing the same thing will happen when he gets the KR!

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I mean dont get me wrong.. The Corvette C6/Z06 are really nice cars.. it's just the fact that too many people own them and you see them all the time that people tend not to care as much when you come across one. I mean people will definitely look, they just won't look in amazement as they do when they see a Viper. Probably because the Viper looks better and the fact you barely ever see a Viper it just attracts more attention. I'm sure if the Corvette was just as rare as a Viper more people would look at it; but in the end the Viper will always gain more attention.. it can't be helped :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a nice dark blue vette parked outside an office building by my house all the time. Very nice cars and very fast.... just not quite my niche. I do have an 06 GTO with a c6 vette engine, so I can appreciate the performance aspect of it. It's no Viper, but no slouch either... Which means the z06 is a monster.

Either way, it's nice to see American cars kick butt. :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery