Breaks are squealing...Suggestions Please

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know that at least my brake pads will need to be replaced, but I'd also like to get some dimpled or drilled rotors. Can anybody post some suggestions on where to by some dimpled or drilled rotors for my 18" HRE wheels.

Something like this.... part # RP-V12-ROT2XR2X2F from a certian Viper Store

Also, should I buy the rotors then have Dodge install them, or should I steer away from Dodge doing this for any reason. If so, where in or near Tampa should I take the car to have this done? Thanks!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant beat the price on the stockers from VPA:
https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...-dodge-viper-vented-brake-rotor-set-by-brembo

Thats what i run with street tires & Hawk HPS pads for the street & track.

If you want to spend more $ for better performing rotors then i suggest looking into ones that have; directional internal cooling veins, or better: that paired with a two piece design. I do not think the ones you posted the part# for have either of these features.

RoeRacing has a few different options for rotors, check em out.

How many miles on your snake? original rotors& pads on there?

Blown408

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Near tampa I always recommend Kesatie Motorsports, they are about to install my methanol and valvetrain!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OEM viper brakes/pads can squeal... that's normal.
That's right, even says so in the owners manual.....they have a lot of metal in them, which doesn't change the fact that it sounds bad :) I changed to ceramic ones for less dust and noise. Cheers....

djviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right, even says so in the owners manual.....they have a lot of metal in them, which doesn't change the fact that it sounds bad :) I changed to ceramic ones for less dust and noise. Cheers....

Some of us like the sound of squealing brakes, just like loud exhaust--we associate it with a performance product. ;)

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hmmmmm, do you if I replace the brake pads (for the ones sold by the ViperStore) and rotors (for the dimpled rotors sold by the ViperStore).....will they still squeal? The squealing is kinda embarassing when I pull up to a red light.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, do you if I replace the brake pads (for the ones sold by the ViperStore) and rotors (for the dimpled rotors sold by the ViperStore).....will they still squeal? The squealing is kinda embarassing when I pull up to a red light.

I have very expensive brakes, they squeal very loud but stop on a dime!

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kept my two piece rotors and 6 pistons up front, in the back got a smoking deal on new drilled and slotted and coated (I don't track enuf to care about potential cracking between slotted and dimpled) I think it was about 160 a pair for the rear on ebay, next time maybe go with two piece in the rear for looks but since I only put about 3k a year on the car I aint spendin a couple grand on brakes, also don't have abs so calipers for rear were cheap as well, even if money was no object I have better places on the car to spend a few grand, think I put redstuf pads on the rear and it makes no noise( other that the cat delete side pipes). and yes sometimes ebay is good for some stuff as my local dealer in Canada is at least 4 times more expensive for anything viper, tires are double, ac hoses were 5 times the cost from the dealer what I got them for from vpa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper