Bring Back the "Smirking Snake"!

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Bring Back the \"Smirking Snake\"!

I totally agree--how long has the vette had the same emblem?

Don't mess with perfection. SMIRKING SNAKES FOREVER!!!

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry but I have to disagree.

I like the new emblem much better - IMO it looks way meaner than the old. Thus please keep the new one.

Best regards

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also disagree. I believe the new "Fangs" emblem is much more agressive looking. As it should be since it will be the most powerful American car ever produced.
BURNOUT.gif

OP
OP
T

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So should we change the emblem every few years? The rich history of the Viper was made under that emblem.

When car makers change emblems, it's like saying, "well, we're not really proud of that marque. we're going in a different direction."

Oh wait--it looks like they are.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

From what I know, there are no holes in the hood. Just warm it up, and pull it off! Replace it with anything you wish, or keep it logo-less.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't really care one way or another. But strangely enough 2 people who saw my car in the last week said they liked the new Viper emblem.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate to break it to ya; the old emblem was named "Sneaky Pete".. Just some info.
I agree, I don't care for the new snake logo.

Regards,
Clint

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holy crap! I agree with Smoke about somthing, will wonders never cease. I don't know why they changed this, there is something to be said for tradition, Corvette has always had the flags, Ferrari the horse. Been minor changes but never so drastic as from smirking to snarling. It's as if our snake has lost that smug sense of self satisfaction and is now...just angry. Michael do I read your post that you have the new emblems on your car? I did not know there were offered anywhere yet.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No sorry Lee didn't mean to make it sound like that.

I went on a 4000 mile trip this past week and stopped in a ton of small towns. I was amazed at how much people knew about the Viper.

Side note, if you do not drive your Viper much do yourselves a favor and hit some small, I mean REALLY small towns it is unbelievable the interesting people you meet. And to think if I never bought this car I NEVER would have had the opportunity to speak with them.

One girl about 25 asked if I had seen the new emblem and how much better it was.

Then next day this farmer looking guy about 65 comes up with the same thing, saying he like the look of the new emblem better.

I didn't admit that I wasn't real sure what the new one looked like.

Now after rereading some posts and looking at the two side by side, I agree the old one looks better.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to change topic but Clint do you own a computer support business?

I saw your board name for more than half a year and always thought it was Client Server, meaning you owned a computer business.

Just now I realized your name is actaully Clint Sever. I have to stop thinking of business so much.
smile.gif
Or get rid of my dyslexia.

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike - jeez, too much time without anyone who hates the SRT to fight? Can we put you down for liking the new snake then?

It seems like this sort of light discussion is really more in line with the purpose of the board, something that enthusiasts can discuss without anybody getting too angry or feeling put down. Not much different than my particular dislike of the black rectangle surrounding the nice oval exhaust outlet. Nothing that will kill anyone or be impossible to rectify with a little inventiveness, but if you don't want to be part of discussions like these, you dont have to weigh in on them. It's not like anyone is being offensive toward the new car.

JMHO

OP
OP
T

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT size="10">FOR GOD'S SAKE, MIKE, DON'T YOU SEE HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS?!? &lt;SLAP&gt; &lt;SLAP&gt;</FONT s>

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rick,

I was JOKING... settle down
smile.gif
! I much prefer these types of discussion over whether the SRT is ugly or not.

However!

The car is pretty much set in stone, so the discussion is purely academic.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah Mark, there's still a key. DC put the starter button in to give it one more parallel to the S2000
smile.gif

Regards,
Clint

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Corvette emblem hasn't always been the same... it's always been two flags, but its different from C1 to C5 and every significant model in between has it's own design.

Just like the Viper has always been a snake in a shield style emblem, even though it may change a little every time they significantly change the car.

I am baffled that we're actually discussing this
smile.gif

Hey, anyone hate the shift knob in the SRT? Come on - let's rise up and complain to DC!! It's not too late! While we're at it, what's up with the new turn signal stalk? It's horrible! DC you must do something NOW! And I know we're all shocked by the hideous seat belt clip they put on the SRT - how can they disgrace a $90k car with that piece of junk?

Viper brothers, we must unite against these travesties!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Not to change topic but Clint do you own a computer support business?
I saw your board name for more than half a year and always thought it was Client Server, meaning you owned a computer business.

Just now I realized your name is actaully Clint Sever. I have to stop thinking of business so much. Or get rid of my dyslexia.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
Client Server, lol.. That's TOO funny.. I think you need a vacation
wink.gif

Regards,
Clint Sever
smile.gif

EDIT: At least you realized it, 1badgts still calls Mike "Mike Burton", even after he called him on it, lol.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Michael, Maurice can fill you in on the "rights" involved in using the logo. If you want to do anything I suggest running all of it bye him at first. And before you actually start ANY production, have him forward it to Dodge to MAKE SURE you are OK to proceed. Good luck!

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Hey, anyone hate the shift knob in the SRT? Come on - let's rise up and complain to DC!! It's not too late! While we're at it, what's up with the new turn signal stalk? It's horrible! DC you must do something NOW! And I know we're all shocked by the hideous seat belt clip they put on the SRT - how can they disgrace a $90k car with that piece of junk?

Viper brothers, we must unite against these travesties!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should mention the turn signal stalk. I was recently test driving a Porsche 996, and one of the big turn-offs (sorry) was the flimsy controls. The car seemed positively frail compared to my Viper.

Luckily it's easy to replace emblems and shift knobs, eh?

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only problem with the new emblem is it is cheaply made just painted chrome where as sneaky pete is cloisone or however you spell it, you know like baked enamel.