Bring on the Hayabusa!!!!!!

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well maybe I am a little over zealous!

Of course that happened on a closed course by my house.

I was out for my saturday morning drive on my way to get donuts for the kids when I decided to get on the highway and stretch her legs. It was 6:30am and I got on the onramp and entered the closed highway going about 115mph. In my rearview mirror I see a single headlight coming up pretty fast and I thought here is a motorcycle that saw me enter the highway at a high rate of speed. I was coming up on a curvy part of the highway so I am going about 80 mph. As the curvy part of the road ends the motorcyle is right behind me and the other lanes have cars in them. So I dropped the hammer at 75-80mph and the motorcyle was right on my tail all the way through 3rd and I quickly shift into 4th, at this time I am one car length in front of him until I hit 125mph and I start to pull on him all the way to 145mph. I then quickly shift into 5th and I continue to really pull him until 170mph when I shut her down. That motorcyle was 6-8 car lenghts behind me and the faster I went the harder I pulled on him.

So he comes up next to me and wants a little more head to head. I let him get to my door and gave it all she had, we were rolling at ~75mph. I never saw the bike next to me. I again was in 3rd gear and when I hit 4th I saw him in my rearview mirror and I took it all the way to 160mph this time with the same result. That bike was way back there.

At this time I am feeling really good and slow down to see my kill, IT WAS A 929 CBR WITH A PIPE. He gave me the thumbs up and I LET him pass me. What a rush!!

I am now going to find a R1 1000 for the next adventure and see what happens. Then onto the Hayabusa!

These cars are incredible!! The motorcyle guy was thinking I will never get beat by a car until he felt the fings sink into that 929 CBR of his.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats pretty darn good... you sure he was giving it all it had?
smile.gif

I have a 929 and an R1 (they are just about equally fast) and they both ran low 10's in the mid 130's trap speed. If the bike guy doesn't really go for it, it's easy to pull them. I know my stock Viper from a 60mph roll was DEAD EVEN with my R1 if I downshifted to 3rd in the Viper and left the R1 in 6th.

Good kill... er..., I mean test session! I will have to check the boards to see if this guy is admitting defeat or what he's claiming... did you get to a track? If you can hook that power up, you should get some great times!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took an R1 about 6 months ago, I posted on this board and the Corvette Forum and got flamed. Everyone said "no way" well they weren't there and I was. From 80 to 150 I slowly pulled away, I heard everything from "he was in the wrong gear" to "he wasn't really racing".

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might believe he wasn't going full bore if he had beat me the second time or if he hadn't given me the thumbs. I beat him both times by a far margin, it wasn't close after 130mph.

BTW, my 97 GTS with ~430rwhp would go strong all the way to redline in 4th but after that it wasn't as strong. Also, at about 165mph my old GTS would really slow down the acceleration. On the other hand, my new viper was pulling hard all the to 170mph.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, My ZX9R acclerates faster than my Viper, but I think the Viper has a little more top end. I am not impressed with the ZX12. I had a ZX11 (stroked, jetted, ect..) and that was faster and handled better than the ZX12. The ZX11 would eat up my Viper no problem.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bikes are fast. I ran a couple, the fastest being a ZX-11 which was very fast. I remember doing some calculations a while ago and figured a Viper would need ~800rwhp to take a busa from a roll.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to a guy downtown the other nite who has a sweet yello 1300 busa turbo.. even had nitrous on at one point.. was putting down almost 350hp.. runs in the 8's in the 1/4

be careful

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Page whipped a Busa 7 times in a row on VIDEO!!! The real catch is he was in a lowly scumball C5 Corvette!!!

Hmmm...you say?

Take care as it could happen to you...

P.S. That vette is LPE TT soon to grace the cover of some of the major rags. Don't be too cocky in your Viper as that normal idle/sounding Vette might wipe your...well you know...

Peace, T

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I"m still waiting to "run" into one on the street. Should be fun. Only from a roll though. I'm not that great at shifting! hehe.. I took a GSXR-1000 no problem from a roll and he about crapped his pants. I've owned a Busa (2001) and i can tell you, they pull.. and pull HARD.. By the feel of it, my Viper pulls just as hard.. I'd like to see how I fair..
My neighboor had a GSXR-1000 and I had a 2001 GSX-13000R (Busa) and my busa had FELT like it had more torque at 2,500 RPM than his bike did at 6,000 RPM. Those busa are SICK..

Gerald

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bikes are very fast. As speed climbs, aerodynamic comes into play more. At some point, a very high hp car will have the advantage.

I raced a ZX-11 on the freeway before... Numerous 80-140 pulls, dead even. I was in my C5 (600+rwhp).

He wasn't too friendly though... Oh well.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I race Bikes all the time from a roll. They are great competition, but unless the rider is really on his game, my car can walk all the stock ones. I have pulled several Busa's and numerous R1's. Three weeks ago, I ran a Gixxer from 70 on - he got a good look at my tail lights.

It cracks me up when I hear that it is not possible. I do it every week. From a Roll, Cars can beat Bikes. Trust me.

By the way, when I run em - it is motor only. I have not had to use the gas yet.

Regards,

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Busa:
I will SPANK you in my STOCK Busa. You would be annihilated. You should check up on the FACTS before you go spouting your mouth about what your Viper will do to an R1, GSXR1k or Busa. You had better have 850+ hp on tap to run with me or you will be running home to mommy with your pants around your ankles and your *** cheeks bright red from the spanking you would receive.
Busa

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Relax crotch massager...
Most of the ones that said they've beaten bikes have a lot of HP. I've got near if not over 800RWHP... Looks like you'd be the one going home to your boyfriend after I rip you a new one...DRY... ouchie..

Gerald

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utah,

I didn't notice that you had a 650R, I thought your car was stock.

Given that, I am not surprised you pulled the guy. Alot of the bike guys quite honestly have no experience with fast cars, and ASSume that their bikes are quicker than anything.

At the drag strip, I spanked PLENTY of literbikes in my stock Viper, just by getting the jump on them off the line. My '01 R1 was dead-even with my '98 GTS from a 60mph roll with the R1 in 5th and the Viper in 3rd. That's pretty impressive for the Viper, considering dropping to 3rd on the R1 made alot more power, but not like an order of magnitude or anything.

As you can see from above, alot of the bike guys aren't too well versed with truly fast cars, so they think their bikes are the fastest things ever produced. They go into shock when a n/a car spanks them and start quoting numbers until they're blue in the face.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Busa:
You should check up on the FACTS before you go spouting your mouth about what your Viper will do to an R1, GSXR1k or Busa.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, you've raced a Viper? Oh, you haven't? I see...

I took on an R1 in my not so stock Viper on the torture track they call the Washington Beltway. After all was said and done, we got caught up in late night construction traffic and he rode up next to me and said, "**** ! I couldn't pass you. What the hell?" I guess he was just checking the FACTS.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being that I've owned a Busa and admit they are fast as a ***** ******.. I have yet to see one STOCK, hit low 10's. With the magazine tests, they had to add pipes, different clutch, tires, retard eliminator, etc to hit low 10's or high 9's .... That article was about a year ago.
There are plenty of guys here with vipers running low to mid 10's all day that would eat a busa at the track. And from a roll I"m sure it would be a different story. Remember now, we are talking BONE STOCK vs. highly modified vipers..

Gerald

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Viper (with some upgrades not yet listed) and an old motorcycle. The bike just sits anymore. The car above about 130 pulls on my old bike. However, the bike is about 200 yards ahead with the car passing me when I am at 162.

food for thought:
at Road Atlanta, the AMA Superbikes last month were about 10 seconds per lap faster than last years poll sitter for the Petite.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A STOCK Busa can hit 9's easily with even a moderately skilled rider.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show me a timeslip of a BUSA in the 9's FLAT STOCK.... No clutch, pipe, mufflers, K & N's , no mapping, etc..

In fact on one of the Hyabusa boards, someone was offering a 10,000 reward for anyone to do it..

Gerald

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermad,

I think you should change your password... someone has figured it out, logged in as you, and posted smack on the board!
smile.gif

Busa,

With all due respect (which is none), you sound like the guys I see on the bike forums whining about how cars **** because they are so slow for the money. Everyone I know that rides also has a car - often times the bike is their only fast machine. The "you need 800RWHP to keep up" discussions are all very well and good, but I know a couple of guys who have LESS than that power, and they can walk a 'busa. It isn't always in the numbers. I have taken down many stock literbikes in my stock GTS in the 1/4 - because you're not always up against a great rider or driver.

As for a stock 'busa hitting the 9's, I don't buy it. I ran 10.34 on my R1, and that was with a LOT of practice and a very good 60' time. There is a guy that has been going to the track for years (many many years) that rides a Hayabusa. He runs 9.9's pretty consistently but he has the front strapped and some intake work, and a complete exhaust... and this guy is GOOD and he only runs 9's on a very good run. my track is considered a very quick track, and I NEVER see the busas hitting the 9's stock.... low 10's yeah, but not 9's. Have you actually run 9's on your stock busa or is this just a quote from a magazine?

P.S. The 'which is none' comment is a joke so don't don the gloves *just* yet

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have... a larger frontal area, where I have... a smaller frontal area. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rest my case.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ride bikes as well as my car. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I have to laugh when someone says "I don't think the bike was really going to the max." Come on, how hard is it from a roll? Twist the throttle and run through the gears. What is not going all the way? You don't think the guy on the bike who is losing a race doesn't have the throttle cranked as hard as it can go? I do have to say though that on a nice day, I so much prefer to drive the Viper. No helmet, tunes, comfort and still the HP to give me that fix! Come to think of it, I barely drive the bike anymore.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that the bike wasn't really racing if we had gone to 110mph or maybe 125mph but he was going 160mph. How do you get there without racing??? It didn't happen once it happened twice.

I don't know if I can beat a Hayabusa but I would like to run it from a roll from 80-180mph and see what happens.

With all due respect to bikes, they are the only vehicles that I give the time of day to because they are the only challenge on the road. If they rev there engine I am all over the throttle! Not so with ricers and the like. Don't get me wrong, I have lost to an R1 from 30-110mph but this bike (CBR 929) got beat and beat bad.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One day long ago when I lived in--let us say--the bad part of town...I found myself on a deserted road with an old Malibu in front of me.

I was on my ZX-11 (10.29 Quarter-mile @ 130).

We were cruising along at 40mph and I dropped it down into second and signaled him to go.

From 40-80 he pulled away from me. I was, uh, trying.

I was, as you might guess, shocked. I'm sure I felt exactly the same as that CBR driver.

Good story!