broken window mechanism

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with the electric window mechanism? After owning my '01 for 4 weeks, the passenger window mechanism broke where the clamp holding the window pane separated from the pane so now the window will not raise or lower. Is it going to be a hassle to fix? Guess I'll be sitting at the dealer for a few hours!

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, driver side window mechanism broke inside of two weeks. Fixed under warranty, but took 3 days to get the part.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a problem you never hear about with a Gen1 Roadster
laugh.gif

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My motor went out on me a few months back on my 96' GTS and did the repair myself (No Warranty). Dealer wanted a grand. John at Partsrack set me up with the part. It took me about 2 hours but it's still working.....

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could be a lot of things. Right now the mechanism could be going up and down, just not attached to the window or your motor could be burnt out. Your clip could be off..... If your snake is under warranty just take it in. If not then take off the door skin and inspect the attachment and motor to see how they function to see where the problem is. You can email me to get a step by step process on how to fix it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala