BTR exhaust system ????????

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 RT/10 6 months ago it did 436.7 rwhp and sunday with smooth tubes and air filters it did 436.6 rwhp. I I put on a full system BTR they guarantee it will do 45 to 50 rwhp more, it this correct I would be at 481 to 486 rwhp? Any body have any experience with the btr exhaust?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What they don't tell you is 2000 and later year Vipers don't respond that greatly to exhaust mods...

Gerald

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off the guarantee is 50 bhp, not rwhp. Second, I think Gerald is right; the guarantee may only apply to non-creampuffs. Third, the guarantee may apply only to stock cars. Your numbers seem awfully strong already, and I would very much doubt you'd see 50 bhp (~35 rwhp). But what do I know?
smile.gif

Ronnie

OP
OP
D

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks that is what I was thinking too. I just need a supercharger.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The above is correct -- if you ask Tom, I don't believe he'll guarantee 50 BHP above stock #s on a '00+ car. The '00+ cams have less overlap, which means they gain less from opening up the exhaust than do pre-00 cars.

That said, the Belanger combo is a good one, and you WILL gain quite a bit of midrange torque from this setup. My '01 went from 415 RWHP / 448 RWTQ (tubes + filters) to 438 RWHP / 485 RQTQ (Belanger headers, exhaust, high-flow 3" cats) and the torque gains were >10% through much of the midrange.

Oh, and they sound wonderful
smile.gif

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some REALLY big dyno #s for a '00 Viper with only smoothies. Are they SAE corrected? The Belanger headers, hi-flow cats & 3" catbacks got me a legit 31 RWHP & 40 RWTQ on my '00. I dynoed her just before and just after the install on the same dyno, SAE corrected.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know BTR does not make an exhaust system, they just sell Belanger headers and cat back systems. Ben is right, the guarantee only applies if you remove your catalytic converters when installing headers and exhaust. However I have done before and after dyno testing on these particular exhaust system components on several model years. The most gain I have ever seen from this system is 35 rwhp, less on a car that makes exceptionally high horsepower to start. These dyno tests were done on the same day on the same dyno and tested again after several hundred miles were put on the car to allow a sufficient learning period fo the computer. I hope this information is helpful to you. Good luck.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

Unlike most tuners, my performance guarantee is clearly stated on my website. With regards to exhaust systems, Ben is exactly correct. The cam profile in the 99 and newer cars does not allow sufficient air movement to amplifiy the free flowing exhaust mods.

Change the cam and a difference will become evident as we showed with dyno sheets on my website for one of our customers.

His car, a 01 GTS made 439 RWHP with our(Belangers) headers and exhaust. With headwork and a cam swap the same car now makes over 510 RWHP.

We have dozens of 96-98 Gen 2 customers who have gained 50 hp by just changing the exhaust system. Its a constant battle though, dealing with the powerplant and ECU specification changes that the factory continues to instill on these cars.

Please refer to our website again to review our performance and product guarantee, as you won't see them at too many other Viper performance sites.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com