BTR Roll Bar

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok,Spoke with Tom at BTR today concerning his Roll Bar. He needs EVERYONE who said they want one to contact him through his E-mail. [email protected]

Let's make this happen guys!! This bar is NHRA legal to 10.0. No more getting booted from the track, plus just the piece of mind of the added safety!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Madduc. One question, isn't the side bar (removable bar across driver's door) supposed to be welded solid. In other words, a removable bar won't pass NHRA tech? I have heard both ways.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When do I need a roll bar or roll cage, and what should it look like?
You must be registered for see images
A roll bar is required in any convertible running 13.49 seconds or quicker in the quarter mile, and in other cars beginning at 11.49. The roll bar is accepted in vehicles running as quick as 10.00 second e.t., provided the stock firewall and floorboard is intact, other than for installation of wheel tubs. The rollbar must be constructed of minimum 1 ¾ inch o.d. x .118 inch wall mild steel tubing, or 1 ¾ x .083 chrome moly tubing, and must conform to the following diagram:

If the floor and/or firewall has been modified, then a full roll cage is required beginning at a 10.99 e.t. A full roll cage is required in any vehicle running 9.99 seconds or quicker, and any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.). The roll cage must be constructed of minimum 1 5/8 o.d.x .118 mild steel tubing, or 1 5/8 x .083 chrome moly tubing, and must conform to the following diagram:
The roll cage of any vehicle running 9.99 or quicker, or 135 mph or faster, must also be certified by NHRA every 3 years, and have a serialized sticker affixed prior to participation. How, where and when do I get a roll cage certified?
Contact your Division Office (click here for contact info) and tell them you need a chassis certified. They will direct you to the NHRA Chassis Inspector in your area. Chassis certifications are also performed at all National and Divisional events, for participants. Due to busy event schedules, certifications are not always available at events for non-participants. Contact the Division office (for Division events) or the National Technical Department in Glendora (for national events) ahead of time to see if arrangements can be made. Three year certification stickers (for vehicles running 7.50 seconds and slower) are $75. If you arrange for a chassis inspector to come to your location, you will be responsible for any travel expenses.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The rule book was last written in 2006 with yearly provisional changes made each year. This info was taken directly from the 2006 book online at NHRA.com's website.

OP
OP
M

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else that wants in on this deal, contact BTR through the above email.

OP
OP
M

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well sad news to the few that did contact Tom, not enough interest since only two people followed through. No roll bar.

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone needs an NHRA approved rollbar, I have one made by Autoform. Brand new, still in the shipping crate. You won't find it on their website, you'll need to call them.

PM me if interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth