Bumble Bee on eBay / FL - know?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my wife's 08 CLS550 there and everything they said about the car I was getting was on spot (I checked out the car before buying).....like any high end car it would pay you to have someone look,drive it,and inspect it...then someone might know the car -better yet......

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The autocheck history report show it was a leased vehicle, and the autocheck score on it is 72, while other Vipers avarge score range was 88-94.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car is nice, but that seller makes me die every time I see their auctions. They describe the car in a ludicrous fashion.

The dash and door panels are accented with elegant Trim.

To the left are your power ONE TOUCH feature windows going both up and down with one touch of a button. Center dash is your explosive Premium sound system. This sound system is amazing with PREMIUM HI FI crisp sound. . Below your sound system is your automatic climate control system. Just set the temperature to your desired level and let the system do the rest. Both driver and passenger have separate settings to settle any temperature quarrels.

READ THE ENTIRE AUCTION FOR A GOOD LAUGH. Whoever lists their auctions is a few fries short of a happy meal. He sounds like he wears tight jeans and drives a bright red Miata.

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is the line that got me ....

This vehicle accelerates quickly from a stop and up to highway speeds and beyond.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car was listed a couple weeks ago. It was pulled off of Ebay with two days left and the dealer indicated he had a pending sale at $37,000 to some "chef" in Florida.
I was watching the car and considered throwing down $500 to hold it and then fly in and check the car out. I decided not to pull the trigger because of some uncertainty in my business - not because of anything that had to do with the car.
If you look at the other inventory you will see that this dealer has a habit of describing the general characteristics of a car without saying anything specific about the car that is for sale.
I asked him about the exhaust because the tips look goofy in the pictures but he said that it is the correct exhaust.

The dealer's name is Scott Winning and he has responded pretty quickly to my emails. He has indicated that it is an ASC (factory) striped car and that they are putting new rear tires on the car - read into that whatever you want.

Cheers

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, I need to learn that vacuuming method to make my carpet look like a baseball outfield.

Using a brush attachment on your vacuum just go across the carpet in opposite directions. Each stripe is the width of the brush attachment.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using a brush attachment on your vacuum just go across the carpet in opposite directions. Each stripe is the width of the brush attachment.

Ask Tito in the detailing section, he will give you the clue to the right brushes/adapters to use.....

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Tito in the detailing section, he will give you the clue to the right brushes/adapters to use.....

That isn't rocket science. Any rectangular vacuum brush attachment will work. The wider the attachment the wider the stripes in the carpet.
:eater:

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dont know anything about the car, but found the comment odd????

a DSC integrated slip control system for any slippery condition you encounter.:dunno:

V

Venomiss

Sent you a PM on the 1st with some contact information that might be helpful to check out this Viper.

OP
OP
P

PatrickG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm, something to worry about?

Carfax says: "Engine replaced at 846 miles"...
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
engine was replaced, not rebuilt. Numbers do not match.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This opens up an interesting topic - how do you feel the replaced motor will effect the marketability of this or any other Viper long term and short term? :dunno:

Keep in mind this motor was replaced early in the life of this car - or does that matter?

:eater::eater::eater:

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
This opens up an interesting topic - how do you feel the replaced motor will effect the marketability of this or any other Viper long term and short term? :dunno:

Keep in mind this motor was replaced early in the life of this car - or does that matter

With any used car, reports of accidents or engines being replaced turn off prospective buyers, regardless of whether or not their concern is justified. Say a car is in a minor accident, superficial damage only, and the damaged parts are replaced with OEM equipment, which is then repainted with OEM paint and the car is actually better than it was before the accident. It takes a price hit.

Say a car blew an engine, was repaired under warranty with the resulting motor being even better and more reliable than the original engine. It takes a price hit.

Perception is reality in the world of most buyers. And to be fair to most buyers, histories of accidents and blown engines generally do mean they are getting a lower quality car, as most of the time these are indications of mistreatment of the vehicle, even though on occasion that isn't the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi