Buy a Gen 4 or Hold off for one more year?

Gen 4 or Wait?

• Buy a gen 4 now and enjoy because who the hell knows what the future holds......

Votes: 69 78.4%
  • Hold off just a little while longer and make a smarter decision.

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was basically in your shoes. Wait, but I'm also not too keen on taking the depreciation hit for owning it the first few years, so that makes the wait even longer. Perhaps 4-5 years before reasonable used gen Vs are on the used market.

Finally I decided on living today and getting a low milage gen IV.

I'm freaking out waiting for my 08 to be delivered... (Monday, I'm told)

So I'd take a peek to see if anything out there does it for you. They can be had. The good deals don't stick around too long.

Enjoy the search!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
For me decision would be based on if I had a toy to hold me over until the new Viper is released. There is nothing like the rush from driving a Viper. A lot cheaper than a psychiatrist or a mistress in the long run as well.

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not consider a gen-III vert, maybe one with some extras, like one thats paxton powered! and will put a gen-IV in its place. Hay wait I have a paxtoned silver 04 that puts down nearly 700 rwhp. Enjoy and not take a bath.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Gen 4. There may NOT be a Gen 5 as the economy continues to decline.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are getting older every day! Get a Viper now. Any Viper. You are wast(e)ing time!

^^^This^^^. Do it and don't look back. If you worry about the dep hit then don't wait on the gen V. Anyone that gets one at invoice the first year has bought from that particular dealer before and you're still dealing with depreciation anyway on top of it. Like is too short.:2tu:

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely get a GenIV now and get the GenV after a year. You'll basically be getting a GenIV loaner for free, since the amount the GenIV depreciates will likely be less than the amount the GenV does after the first year on the market. (Accounting for dealer markup).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang