Buy Mopar &Viper parts to buy without hassle & being smarted off too. (JonB) Great guy. yeah right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've dealt with JonB in the past, and I've never had a problem with him. He's been very helpful and friendly
cool.gif
He was also respectful and honest, even when I was just inquiring about some parts
bounce.gif
I have several other friends who have also dealt with Jon, and NONE have had any problems with him at all. Keep up the good work Jon
patriotx.gif

P.S. I need some EBC brake pads, got any?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. At the time, I chalked up the attitude I received from JonB to an isolated incident, having not heard anything to the contrary. In my situation, I called up to inquire about Corsa exhaust, etc., but before I could say anything, he responded gruffly that he was on the other line with a customer and was I calling to shoot the breeze?, and that I should call back in 10 minutes. [If that's the call you are on is so important, why not just let other calls go to voicemail?] My subsequent purchase from him was for about $2K in various things, and while he was informative and helpful in the subsequent phone call, the attitude was still there. Could've had a bad day then, might have had another one with Adam, or there could be a customer service problem.

Not a flame, just an observation.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jason you are absolutely right. He can be an asset when he wants to be and then he can also be the other with the "et" missing from asset. He picks and chooses who he wants to help out I guess. Not sure. I've been buying thing from him for years. Not a ton..not like over $5,000...but still always been a faithful to him. I admire your faithfulness to him and there's nothing wrong with that. I just don't have the same dedication that he has with you.

I've always thought this phrase

"There's no business in new business but in repeat business".

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Tony, for your level headedness and exposing this for what it really is.

DO NOT come here and USE this site and all the other resources of the VCA and then NOT JOIN. And, to add insult to injury, you then LIE about being a member?

Simply amazing.

Then, have the NERVE to post here that you were somehow WRONGED?

Quit lying and trying to get a discount that you don't deserve and then maybe I'll listen, until then - BYE!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

As usual...you are right on point...do your research and decide what vendor gives the service that you need. I have bought a lot of Viper items(both expensive and not so expensive) from JonB and have always found him to be ready to discuss both type with equal enthusiasm.
I'm a guy who spent 3 months trying to get with another Texas tuner to ask questions prior to purchasing the car(and NEVER did get to speak with him!)...I thank JonB for his knowledge,enthusiastic selling(hey...I like to be sold!)and ability to answer the SAME questions over and over again from multiple Viper owners.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,

CStegall

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JonB...

You know...I feel like I have not been treated fairly by you in our business dealings. Yep...every time I have called you have been patient and understanding with each and every question. I always felt like you were just like the rest of us in business...you have your good days...and your bad days...nobody has all good days...NOBODY. However, it appears that you have been treating some "other" Viper owners with a more straight forward rudeness that I have not gotten. This irks me. I feel like I have paid you enough money to be given the entire rainbow of emotions that is JonB...and I know that you know you have held back.
So...cmon Jon...call me up...you have my number(s)...treat me rude...lay that "junkyard" attitude on me...I have paid for the whole treatment...so....let me have it! No excuses JonB...I know that there are a lot of Viper owners that appreciate what you do(count me as one)..but there apparently are some that are getting "more"(rudeness,bad parts,etc.). I feel cheated.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,

CStegall

P.S. Tony/Janni...I know I have my membership number here somewhere
smile.gif

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find the information Jon offers (as well as this site) a great help. When I first bought my Viper I went to Jon for parts. After checking prices, I was able to beat all of his, and bought the parts elsewhere. I don't hold a grudge, that what he is in business to do (make $) Shooping around is our right as a consumer! He was a little pushy and intense about making the sale, but maybe that's just his personality. In exchange for the wealth of knowledge to this community and I'll live with the attitude in exchange for his knowledge. He is no comparison to the other John we all know about!!!

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bringing up the race card was not too cool. (edit) I saw your disclaimer edit to your asian reference. Even though it was meant as humor, I don't agree with it's final use. It leads me to believe that Jon's actions were a result of you being asian, that he was being discriminatory.

Being misleading about being a VCA member was not too cool also.

That being said, yes, Jon has been short with me too, but every situation where this occurred (which was few and far between) has been understandable with his phone ringing off the hook, but he still took the time to take care of me or get back to me. I appreciate that he took the time to personally take my call. He always makes time to answer my stupid questions even when he is busy. He's always been fair with me, hell, even more than fair.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personal note -
Sometimes it is easy to mistake someone's attitude as being short when they are just extremely busy and may tend to be a little hyper to begin with.... Guilty of that myself....
Janni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc