Buyer Beware R&J Distributing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Sept 25th I ordered a set of emblems for my car from R&J Distributing and paid by PayPal. I have been told twice by Email that they had been shipped via Postal Service "LIE". I called them Monday and was told they would be shipped "Overnight" by UPS "LIE". As of today I have not received them. R&J will not answer my Emails or return my phone calls. Looks like I'm out $150.00.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Ron some time, He is very slow some times.
He will take take of You. I have had the same problem once before but Ron stepped up..

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems here either. I have ordered a couple of sets of emblems at different times in the past. Ron will come through for you.

kevin96rt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of emblemsand it took over a month to get them.Yes I did receive them ...but wow if I ran my business that slow I'd be bankrupt
I will shop elsewhere next time I need something

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of door panels, that according to Ron, were off a 3,400 mile car, and in excellent condition.What he sent was crap! All the screws were rusted, there were wear marks from sagging hinges and the were scratches as well. After calling him a few times a week I FINALLY got him to take the panels back and refund my money. To top things off, he charged me well over $100.00 for a "restocking" fee which equated to opening a box and taking out the crappy panels inside.

I wouldn't call that "coming through for you." If he hasn't scammed you yet, you should consider yourself lucky and quit while you're ahead.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Sept 25th I ordered a set of emblems for my car from R&J Distributing and paid by PayPal. I have been told twice by Email that they had been shipped via Postal Service "LIE". I called them Monday and was told they would be shipped "Overnight" by UPS "LIE". As of today I have not received them. R&J will not answer my Emails or return my phone calls. Looks like I'm out $150.00.
Dang, Buddy look where you live!!! Worse than having to take a dog sled for delivery! Man, they have to find an air boat an alligator hunter for defense and fight all the floods to deliver to you. AND you really THINK "Overnight" delivery. MAN, Get real!!! LOL Try gett'n "overnight" to AK. Sit back, relax. :headbang: :lmao: .

z76232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my chrome emblems in less than a week. No problems here. Hope things work out for you.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I was in need of some logos but now I'm not sure if I can trust R&J
Is there anyone else that makes logos?
They aren't that hard, you just have to have the machine to do it
I had a guy make a custom logo just like the ones on our cars in less than 3 minutes at SEMA

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still waiting for a refund on my Gas Cap.

Let me give you just the facts: (This all hapenned after they took my $450 dollars, which they did in the first day)
1. I called them one whole week and they didn't asnwer the phone. (Said they were at a show)
2. Called them the whole next week they didn't answer the phone. (Said they were too busy)
3. Took almost 4 weeks to get the cap in the first place. (Mostly because of mistakes on their part)
4. Still waiting for a refund 3 weeks after returning the cap.
5. Quality of the chrome job on the cap was not acceptable. Pitting and no surface preparation almost at all.

So let's recap: unsatisfactory work, terrible customer service and dishonesty in refunding money. If this is the kind of business you want to deal with, more power to you. I will never under any circumstances do business with them.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had problems... as a matter of fact he has gone above and beyond with me making sure my HID lights work correctly. Great guy! Give him time.

viprvenm

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, sure would like to see this R&J guy tell his side of things. I s he a member of these forums? Maybe someone should let him know so he can post a reply. Just my 2 pennies worth.

OP
OP
R

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is some very interesting posts here. Seems like I'm not the only one. What has happened to "Customer Service"?????? I wouldn't have a problem here if Ron would have told me it will take awhile to get them to you or posts it on their web site. But I can't except the no replys to phone calls or Emails or the %$#@ about them being shipped three times. R&J needs to take a serious look at their customer relations and do some improvement. All I'm asking is tell me if I am going to get them or not, if not return my $150.00, don't lie to me.:dunno:

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't R&J a sponsored vendor here? If so then i think the national officers need to step up and contact them to straighten this mess out. I've ordered from R&J before and didnt have any issues but if were told to shop at our supported sponsors then we need a little more in the customer service area.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing you paid via Pay Pal as they protect you for that amount if you file a simple complaint form with them. Every thing is a scam these days. Good luck though!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're slow sometimes but always deliver. No issues with R&J here.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't R&J a sponsored vendor here? If so then i think the national officers need to step up and contact them to straighten this mess out. I've ordered from R&J before and didnt have any issues but if were told to shop at our supported sponsors then we need a little more in the customer service area.

I sent Venomiss a PM with this thread. That is a good point you have Mccarlin... If this is BS it needs to stop. If it is real this site needs to contact R&J.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a bumper from him once and it was delivered in the most shabby packaging I've ever seen. The paint was totally damaged. He did return my money but I will never order from him again because he's not a professional.

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ordered an HID kit.... wiring was backwards.. but not his fault...

however did also order a "dash radio/ac control surround"... half of the clips in the back were broken off and it was scratched up pretty bad.....

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased my GTS BLACK emblems from him and got them in a week with no issues. It is always buyer beware these days. Pay using a credit card and if there's an issue, dispute and move on. It isn't worht the time or aggravation. I am surprised about Rand J as they always had a good rep. But look at Hennessey, started a crook but many sing his praises as a changed man today. Could people change??? I guess.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi there....we did what you wanted us to do on the overnight for the emblem kit.....but for some reason, it's not getting it to you...and the cheapest company will do the overnight is DHL, and still cost $48, and tracking is at DHL | Global 71013961141, package is on the way...there is really nothing much we can do, i think it's all because your state location....and again...sorry...thanks

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been told twice by Email that they had been shipped via Postal Service "LIE". I called them Monday and was told they would be shipped "Overnight" by UPS "LIE".

I just took a look at the DHL tracking information that was posted and it looks like the package was given to the shipper on Monday and arrived overnight in Lake Charles, LA on Tuesday morning. While it may not have been UPS, I don't see how that constitutes a "LIE", rather than a misunderstanding. Perhaps the earlier statement that it had been shipped via Postal Service was not a "LIE" either, and it was just a lost or misdirected package. Hard to believe that US Postal Service might lose a package, though.

I agree that better communication by the seller could have prevented this; but, given the indication of anger from the buyer, there might be something on both sides that needed improvement.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron's a bit slow sometimes, but I have bought many items from him, including emblems and chroming services.
Yes, a bit slow with his replies, but I always got all I paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang