Buyer Beware

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have held off posting about this for awhile But, I think anybody that buys from Viper Parts Inc., Should know the troubles I've had.

I called Chris at Viper Parts on May 25 0r 26th and ordered Side sill covers for my 95 Venom. The first thing I thought was strange was, He would not take Credit Cards or ship COD. And insisted on payment up front before parts were shipped.

I thought since he was a Major advertiser on the board and had been there for sometime, What the hell......

Big Mistake!

The parts came a week or so later and when I opened the box I was to say the least shocked at the poor quality of the parts I received. (paper thin, warped, cracked, blistered and a definite fire hazard. These are the fiberglass covers that Viper Parts Makes..

Cost with shipping over $1000

Anyway, send an email to Chris telling him of my dissapointment with the quality and he said to send them back to him. I did for another $118 in shipping.

I got the replacement parts a (MONTH AND A HALF LATER) They looked much better. The body shop did all the prep work then called me to bring the car to their shop so the could test fit before painting.

Well, the drivers side was made right but, the passenger side was molded off a side sill that was warped and with 3 people helping they got it on....

I emailed Chris after he sent the parts the second time and asked him if he did a quality check on the parts before he shipped them this time, He said they were great! lol

After the long wait and the expense, I had already incurred to ship this junk back and forth. I told the body shop to paint them and put them on.... As Viper Parts want's an a 30% restocking fee.

The passenger side looks ok but the gaps are not right due to being warped But, I will live with it and learn.....

My Advice to all is, If they don't take Credit Cards and refuse to ship COD, Then be very careful and look elsewhere.....