Buyer Beware!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inquired about this listing on Ebay today becuase something just didn't look right:

Dodge : Viper : eBay Motors (item 330405549519 end time Feb-23-10 08:18:10 PST)

Firs they said the chin spoiler extension was on the car and it came with teh cover from the factory as it should. As I inquired more it does NOT have the extension at all, and the car cover has been 'lost'. The more I looked and asked questions I asked about the adsence on the ACR logos, thier reply was that is an option not taken. Later they denied it being repainted or wrecked and said that it had a clear bra installed which required the ACR logo removed??? :dunno:

I kindly wished them good luck with the sale that there were too many variables from just the few pictures to continue my interest. But suggested they revise thier ad to let everyone know that two expensive parts are not with this car.

Thier reply was they are going to BLOCK me from ALL thier listings and will no longer communicate with me! They went on saying I was not a serious buyer! I'm sorry a serious buyer would point out these things and ask detailed questions! Guess they didn't like the comment about the paint chips being from the track, not the highway! :omg:

I guess this is what you get trying to discuss a Viper with a Nissan dealer!

They honestly think they are going to get $90,000 for this car!!! We can damn near buy a brand new one for that!

Just throwing my $.02 out there.

I may be way off base and it is a great car, but not for what they want for it or the apparent assholes you have to deal with!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was actually looking at that car on autotrader today. I did not see any pics of the interior so I figured it was a "********" ACR due to there not being any badges on the car.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those guys may not be knowledgable or easy to deal with, but I'd bet money that's a real ACR. Who knows where the acr decals are? but you can see original owner tinted the headlights and powdercoated the gas door too, probably liked the no logo look.

Buy one here instead from a member owner, or for that price see one of our sponsor dealers and get a new 09.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those guys may not be knowledgable or easy to deal with, but I'd bet money that's a real ACR. Who knows where the acr decals are? but you can see original owner tinted the headlights and powdercoated the gas door too, probably liked the no logo look.

Buy one here instead from a member owner, or for that price see one of our sponsor dealers and get a new 09.

I don't doubt it is an ACR, the VIN is 1B3JZ69Z99V500495. What I do doubt is the history of the car. Close look at the front paint looks like it was a dedicated track car, "missing" spoiler extension and badge delete on the front leads me to believe it MAY have been in some sort of off road trek next to the track, and the missing car cover is just careless. I know most ACR owners just put that away in the top shelf of the closet.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can go look @ the car if anyone is serious. The car was traded in for a GTR:bonker:

Last edited:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is acr coded in the vin :dunno:

NO

I don't doubt it is an ACR, the VIN is 1B3JZ69Z99V500495. What I do doubt is the history of the car. Close look at the front paint looks like it was a dedicated track car, "missing" spoiler extension and badge delete on the front leads me to believe it MAY have been in some sort of off road trek next to the track, and the missing car cover is just careless. I know most ACR owners just put that away in the top shelf of the closet.

It has the badge up front. As far as the extension it could be with the cover as most people who run these cars on the street are not going to carry it around...Looks like it has a MGW short shifter and gripper knob and some MGW Hvac knobs too..Reg radio too..It would take someone to inspect it up close(tires,facia,and other areas) to see if it was indeed a track car...:dunno: My bet is they will go lower too but who knows..To replace the missing parts is probably expensive but that can be negod.too

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO

It has the badge up front. As far as the extension it could be with the cover as most people who run these cars on the street are not going to carry it around...Looks like it has a MGW short shifter and gripper knob and some MGW Hvac knobs too..Reg radio too..It would take someone to inspect it up close(tires,facia,and other areas) to see if it was indeed a track car...:dunno: My bet is they will go lower too but who knows..To replace the missing parts is probably expensive but that can be negod.too

Just an FYI, I offered them a FAIR price for this car knowing some parts are missing and based on the fact I would get a professional to check it out before cash traded hands. They told me I was not a serious buyer with an offer of $75K. :dunno:

Thought that was a very fair price for this thing with all the variables involved.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I would not expect a Nissan dealer to know a lot about an ACR. So they would revert to typical used car sales techniques figuring that you know even less about it than they do. Most used car salesman are jerks in my experience. Unless you could get a great deal on this car I would still buy from a fellow VCA member or site sponsor.

Looks like a real non-******** ACR to me. Get a Carfax on it and see if there were any incidents reported. Some members here have subscriptions and would run the VIN for you if interested. My bet is the cover was removed by the owner along with the splitter extension and never given to the Nissan dealer at trade in. They probably didn't even know enough to ask for them. As far as the ACR decals go, it is possible they were never reinstalled after a wreck but it is just as likely that the original owner didn't want them on and removed them.

Plenty of room to negotiate a price on this one IMO. But get the car checked out first, preferably by someone who really knows what to look for like maybe a body man. They know how to spot frame repairs and repaints.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I offered them a FAIR price for this car knowing some parts are missing and based on the fact I would get a professional to check it out before cash traded hands. They told me I was not a serious buyer with an offer of $75K. :dunno:

Thought that was a very fair price for this thing with all the variables involved.

Sorry i have to disagree with your price of 75K.....IF you could find out the car WAS in an accident then I could agree with you...That car stickered for at least 106,xxxK plus the fact that a missing cover can be had from me new in box for 475.00,lol...Seriously,IF the car checks out with those miles they should get at least 80K for it.....Like gbatejan said if your serious have someone check it out....then dicker with them about the splitter extension and the cover....Kevin

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Local club member bought 08 ACR with 3000 miles for $75000.00 last summer.Car has some chipping from track time, but has everything it should.Dont know what the heck it means but good deals on ACR's are out there doubtful you would find them at a stealership though.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

Someone pointed me to this thread today, so I figured I would clear up the confusion, as this car belonged to me.

This was my 8th Viper, purchased new from Mike at Ringgold. The car has NEVER been tracked, and was fully babied from day one. I changed the oil at 800 miles after a meticulous break-in, and again at 3000 miles. The paint protection film was applied when brand new, and I pulled the ACR decals off because I felt it looked cleaner without them. Car was fully detailed nearly every week, and I don't think you will find a more perfect ACR, even one with lower miles on the clock.

FYI: I'm also in the process of negotiating with the dealer over the extras that I have (cover and so on).

Thanks,
Justyn

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale Justyn! What's next?

Now everybody knows they would be buying a pristine car from a VCA member! Somebody grab it now :2tu:

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Hi All,

Someone pointed me to this thread today, so I figured I would clear up the confusion, as this car belonged to me.

This was my 8th Viper, purchased new from Mike at Ringgold. The car has NEVER been tracked, and was fully babied from day one. I changed the oil at 800 miles after a meticulous break-in, and again at 3000 miles. The paint protection film was applied when brand new, and I pulled the ACR decals off because I felt it looked cleaner without them. Car was fully detailed nearly ever week, and I don't think anyone will find a more perfect ACR, even one with lower miles. FYI: I'm also in the process of negotiating with the dealer over the extras that I have (cover and so on).

Thanks,
Justyn

Thank you for clearing that up and guessing it's still for sale.
Hopefully they will get the extras you have and someone will jump on this.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale Justyn! What's next?

Now everybody knows they would be buying a pristine car from a VCA member! Somebody grab it now :2tu:

Mike,

GT-R. :D

And yes, I guarantee that no one will be disappointed in this car, it's pristine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21