BUYING RT/10 TOMORROW UNLESS SOMEONE STOPS ME!

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
This is a repost (sorry), but as time is getting short, the need is getting more urgent:

================

I've been looking for over a year while I was overseas. Just got back into town 5 days ago, and have reached a price agreement for a 1999 Black RT/10 w/ cognac interior.

I'm going to see the car on Tuesday, and if all checks out, I'll be buying it.

Could someone who has the ability please run the following VIN for repair history/warranty work? I wouldn't ask if I wasn't serious about purchasing this car.

VIN: 1B3ER65E4XV503676

Also, are there any Viper owners/mechanics in the Sarasota area who can accompany me during the inspection? I will pay for your time, of course.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully after Tuesday I won't be a lowly lurker here anymore.

============

Anyway, unless someone can find a reason I shouldn't buy this car (undisclosed accident, major repair work, etc.) I'll be an owner tomorrow :cool:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
FROM DODGE'S SELF SERVE SITE:

"Here are your results Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later is required to view
documents. Click here for free download.
VIN Number:
1B3ER65E4 XV503676 Vehicle Description:
DODGE VIPER RT/10 TWO-DR CONVERTIBLE Model Year:

Recall and Customer Satisfaction Notification Information:

Description Type Issue Date Status
STEERING GEAR CROSSMEMBER REINFORCEMENT
SAFETY
05/16/2002
INCOMPLETE "

You will STILL NEED to run VIN and Carfax...for different reasons, as I'm sure you're aware.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
"YOU should be able to take the VIN to ANY DC dealer and they can run it for you!

Didn't know that. There is one just up the road. Surprised they release such info to the public so freely.

Thanks!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
" Surprised they release such info to the public so freely."

Well, yes and no...read the disclaimer and warnings carefully, as much of the info can be viewed, but not shared as I understand things.

BY ALL MEANS, go get the info for your own use!

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the car located (address)? I will probably be available Tuesday afternoon 12-2pm if you need assistance.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
MES,

Thanks for the offer. Talked to the seller and for scheduling convenience for both of us, I'll be going there Wednesday. Probably be getting into Tampa airport at 9:00ish, then renting a car and driving it to Sarasota.

Will you be free on Wednesday?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery