CAAP Tour Photos

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1TONY1:
Thanks, I looked at all of them. Man I wish I had went before they quit building Gen II......have they??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes...there is a picture of the final final edition gts rolling off the assembly line around here somewhere.. this was a while back though... supposedly production has already started on the SRT10...

- eddie -

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Interesting to see a Mobil One oil filter on the GEN III engine. Also, why were they working on a 1996 GTS?

Thanks for posting...</FONT f>

OP
OP
J

joshwars

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 1996 GTS that you guys see pictured, and the one that is being worked on is the original pace car for the 1996 Indy 500.

Yes the Mobil-1 filler cap is a bit interesting. Did you notice the Gen 3 snake without any skin?
http://www.warsop.net/pictures/vipertour/imagepages/caap_tour_112701_08.html

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by JoshW on 08-24-2002 at 10:38 AM</font>

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been around a lot of manufactuirng plants and I have to say that CAAP is clean and well organized. You can always tell when people take pride in their work. Hope to take the tour myself one day and meet some of the folks that build these great cars for a living. Pictures were great.

Guibo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a Viper or a Prowler? If I recall correctly, the Viper has another wishbone in place of those two upper links. Is this right?
You must be registered for see images

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimandela:
okay, who owns the original 96 pace car?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pace car they have at the factory is kept in a room, but I was told that it was the back-up car. Is the car pictured a different one from the one in the room?