Cabin Fever - HELP!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
OK - it's been exactly 1 month since I had to put the Viper into hibernation and I'm going NUTS! Just got another 6" of snow and it's about 8 degrees here in Iowa. Top that off with the groundhog seeing his shadow and I'm not sure that I can make it till spring.

How 'bout you guys from the south sharing some recent driving stories - so us snowbound Viper owners can live vicariously through you? Or maybe we all can post our most memorable Viper ride.

I'll start with one quick story and it doesn't even have me at the wheel, but in the passenger seat with a firm hand on the parking brake. As crazy as this may sound, in Iowa you can get a learners permit at age 14. My son just turned 14 and even though we have made it perfectly clear that we will not let him get a permit until he's at least 15 - I decided to surprise him.

We had some incredible weather in December and I took my son out for a quick ride "to the store". I then headed for a big, deserted parking lot for his FIRST EVER driving experience. You should have seen the expression on his face when I tossed him the keys. EXCITEMENT and TERROR all at the same time. He did pretty well, only killed the engine once, worked his way through the "bucking bronco" stage of learning to drive a stick shift, and actually shifted smoothly a couple of times.

The smile on his face (and mine) as I drove us home was truly priceless!

My only fear was I may have spoiled him - how many kids can say the first car they ever drove was a Viper?

Can't wait for MY first drive this spring! :headbang:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My son turns 15 in March, & I am going to have to go thru the same thing. Scares the Sh-T out of me.
Sorry no good stories from me, car is still catching rays in Florida with Doug.

Andy

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket62,
You have my full and complete sympathy. I'm here at work and my car is in storage just across a parking lot and it's 30 degrees and dropping and I'm wanting to drive with no chance of doing so.
At least I'll be in Anaheim tomorrow; carless, though.
Rick
Cincinnati

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel ya. My car is with Scott In florida. Its funny, ill send my car there for a grand to catch some florida rays but Im too cheap to take a $120 flight to spend a weekend on the beach. Oh well.

Now that Graphite told me where his car is and that he will be in Anaheim tomorrow, Ill be stealing it and driving it around in his absence. :)

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sapphire,
She wouldn't start for you. Only for me, because I treat her really well. She's all covered and clean in 60 degree storage.
She's the best color combo in the whole world and is without flaw. This summer she and I will again become inseparable. She's the best friend a guy...BOO HOO, I can't help it..........................................

jramey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in san antonio it was 60 yesterday. I hadnt driven my gts in a over a month cause I had let the battery die when I left the trunk open. got it out yesterday and drove for an hour, for you guys in the cold I will go drive today for yall, but with gas prices up to 1.71 a gallon since I am thinking of yall, can you send me a check so we can share the gas expenses.

john

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sapphire,
She wouldn't start for you. Only for me, because I treat her really well. She's all covered and clean in 60 degree storage.
She's the best color combo in the whole world and is without flaw. This summer she and I will again become inseparable. She's the best friend a guy...BOO HOO, I can't help it..........................................
:)

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same cabin fever here in Mo. I did get a little fix this weekend by cleaning the engine really well. Not much dirt there, but I felt better spending some time with my blue baby! Of course my wife just rolled her eyes when she asked what I was doing with it uncovered. My Corsa exhaust is waiting in KC for me to have it installed. Damn snow!! :crazy:

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, you guys who are blessed w/great weather, let's see how gracious you are.
I have a 2.30 mtg in Anaheim Thurs. and will buy lunch for a ride. I'm in the Doubletree next to the Crystal Cathedral.
Here in Cincy it's cloudy, 30 degrees, and dropping like a rock How about that?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy, that's some expensive gas jramey! I just Paid $1.50 for 93 octane. I thought for sure George W. would take care of his home turf....unless Haliburton is the gas supplier for Texas.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My shrink says I'm not supposed to bring the subject up..... says it's some kind of obsessive compulsive thing,,, I have to look the other way when I pass the key rack!!!!! I swear to god I can hear my baby callin' my name when it's real quiet at nite..... :shocked: *i'm here,, come drive me* Kinda eerie,shrink says it'll get better with time. :rolleyes:

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought Ohio winters were bad when all I could do was wax, clean, polish, just sit in my car, with it in Florida for the winter and not even seeing it, total withdrawl symptoms. I miss my baby.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ohio Guys -
When I had my Katana I would get up on Sat. morns and ride the entire I-275 loop around Cincinnati - 90 plus mis. from my house.
When spring hits, that road is going to become my track!
I'd like to get about 10 Vipers and "do the loop". Then we'll head down to Louisville to Kingfish, then on to Bowling Green, then eat at [******] of the Walk in the Music City; Atlanta next; then Tampa and across Alligator Alley to Miami; then the Keys, then....
Oh, sorry, I was daydreaming. Guess I'll just walk across the room and get another Diet Coke. (No, I'll wait for my daughter to bring it to me.)

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The I275 closed course, look forward to running it again. I usually pick it up down by Edgewater and head east.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When your car is Resting, the best thing you can do is purchase mods., and make plans for when She is awaken for the driving season! :2tu:

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CN weather blows ,plus an ice dam made for a nice leak in my bedroom! At 1:eek:oAM last night I was in the friggin attic trying to find the leak! Midwest winters are a waste of life!!! Three more years and to Sarasota for me! AND my poor baby is just sitting in the garage getting a transfusion from my battery tender. Oh yea don't forget the fun we will have in May when those frigin Cicadas come in! What's next here? Boils? Famine? I hate winter!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine